PDA

View Full Version : year of the moth.

ubersoldate
10-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Anyone can download BOTH our records on our website.
For FREE!
www.yearofthemoth.com

Meatball
10-06-2010, 10:00 PM
For FREE!
www.yearofthemoth.com

which I have now done. Thank you, sir!...actually, I bought the latest one a couple of months ago via download...

ubersoldate
10-06-2010, 10:02 PM
No, thank you!

El Jefe
10-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Uber, where can an old school sort such as myself buy a cd? :)

NewbieAKguy
10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Done and done. Feel like an ass that I didn't notice your song on 3-Gun Nation. :tooth:

ubersoldate
10-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Uber, where can an old school sort such as myself buy a cd? :)

We are still debating how we are going to do it, we just decided to pay for the recordings with the record for sale on the net, and once it was, we figured we would PISS OFF our lil label and put them up for free..

It seems to be working better than we thought, we scored 3gun nation, a snowboard blueray, a wakeboarding dvd, and a trailer for a indie sci-fi show coming out this year...

I guess we were thinking that if we made records, and put them in stores, we would have to have help to do it, and that means some other person outside our circle making money off our stuff, which we dont know if we are happy with, but who knows....

cevulirn
10-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Cool, downloading now.

Cypher
10-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I guess we were thinking that if we made records, and put them in stores, we would have to have help to do it, and that means some other person outside our circle making money off our stuff, which we dont know if we are happy with, but who knows....

As long as it allows you to make more money I wouldn't worry about someone else making money off it too, that's how business works, many people dip their hands in the pot. I wouldn't like it if I made beans and someone else made most of the money though, unless my beans were a lot I guess.

AKTexas
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Got it thanks!Awesome stuff!

O.S.O.K.
10-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks Kev! That's great to hear the things are working out as planned!! Very cool.

Oswald Bastable
10-07-2010, 01:40 PM
For FREE!
www.yearofthemoth.com

Uber, what's the bit rate on those mp3s?

ubersoldate
10-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Uber, what's the bit rate on those mp3s?

Hmmmmm...Good question, I write the songs, I leave the technical data to the other members...
I can ask though, is it not downloading correctly?

Oswald Bastable
10-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Hmmmmm...Good question, I write the songs, I leave the technical data to the other members...
I can ask though, is it not downloading correctly?

It's not that, it was just that if it's a high enough quality, I can convert and burn them to cds for Jefferson (as long as that's okay with you of course...I'd always intended to ask you before proceeding) but if they're not a high enough quality, I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble. FLAC format would be even better, but I'd settle for 256 or better mp3s...

ubersoldate
10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Ive sent a message to my computer guy to ask, but burning it is a-ok with us, we are giving it to anyone who wants it!
I could send you a burnt disc as well Jefferson...Just gotta find my spool of discs..Been packing all week, and its getting to be a jungle here...

Oswald Bastable
10-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Ive sent a message to my computer guy to ask, but burning it is a-ok with us, we are giving it to anyone who wants it!
I could send you a burnt disc as well Jefferson...Just gotta find my spool of discs..Been packing all week, and its getting to be a jungle here...

Just did what I should have just done in the first place...downloaded the first track from each and it appears they're 256bit CBR, which should translate to cd reasonably well when converted back to wav, but if you have discs your 'puter guy burned, they'd likely be even better quality...wav directly to cd, rather than converted to mp3 and back (which will always involve some loss).

If you can find yours, let me know, otherwise I can burn Jefferson some disks from the downloads. :)

El Jefe
10-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Just did what I should have just done in the first place...downloaded the first track from each and it appears they're 256bit CBR, which should translate to cd reasonably well when converted back to wav, but if you have discs your 'puter guy burned, they'd likely be even better quality...wav directly to cd, rather than converted to mp3 and back (which will always involve some loss).

If you can find yours, let me know, otherwise I can burn Jefferson some disks from the downloads. :)

Hey! That would be tremendously cool! :) Gee, now I feel all dumb and stuff tho, I guess I could have asked how to correctly download and then use the tunes myself. :embarrassed:

davepool
10-07-2010, 03:48 PM
WOO HOO now i just need to have one of my smart ass kids show me how to down load and make a CD on my CD burner

BTW how'd you make out with our little hail storm.

ubersoldate
10-07-2010, 05:48 PM
WOO HOO now i just need to have one of my smart ass kids show me how to down load and make a CD on my CD burner

BTW how'd you make out with our little hail storm.

I got buckets of rain, but very little hail!
It sure wrecked this town though, get alot up there in your part of town?

justinsaneok
10-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks I dl it and will check it out.

davepool
10-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I got buckets of rain, but very little hail!
It sure wrecked this town though, get alot up there in your part of town?

Yep, my truck got hammered,no broken glass but the hood and top of the cab took about 60 hits from some 2" hail. I live at the foot of a mountain and the city has been busy for 2 days clearing the streets of the rocks and boulders coming off the mountain, one of my neighbors had a 3' boulder crash through his fence bust a big hole in the side of his house, too bad it wasn't the LAGC clone :)

It' going to be great for the roofing company i'm the service manager for, so far i've got $310,000.00 in skylight replacements on the books with another 150 thousand out for approval. Walmart and home depot got a few stores with total skylight replacement. I'm sending out another 250 thousand in roof replacement bids tomorrow.
I had crews out all night tuesday doing temporary covers on busted skylights, at emergency after hours rates that billing will come to over 85 thousand.
This storm is going to make for a good finish for an otherwise so so year in the commercial roofing business. BONUS TIME!!!!

AKTexas
10-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I have turned a few other guys to your music.I was jamming to it today before class,guy sitting next to me asked what I was listening to.I unplugged my ear buds from the laptop and he is now jamming to your stuff.

ubersoldate
10-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Thank you guys, that means alot to us. Really.

The amount of grief we have taken, and countless opinions on how we "arent doing business correctly" all goes to the wayside when we hear someone new is just listening and passing it on..

Thats the reason we do this, the only, ONLY thing Im ashamed of in this band is the fact that we charged for the record in the first place..

ubersoldate
10-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Yep, my truck got hammered,no broken glass but the hood and top of the cab took about 60 hits from some 2" hail. I live at the foot of a mountain and the city has been busy for 2 days clearing the streets of the rocks and boulders coming off the mountain, one of my neighbors had a 3' boulder crash through his fence bust a big hole in the side of his house, too bad it wasn't the LAGC clone :)

It' going to be great for the roofing company i'm the service manager for, so far i've got $310,000.00 in skylight replacements on the books with another 150 thousand out for approval. Walmart and home depot got a few stores with total skylight replacement. I'm sending out another 250 thousand in roof replacement bids tomorrow.
I had crews out all night tuesday doing temporary covers on busted skylights, at emergency after hours rates that billing will come to over 85 thousand.
This storm is going to make for a good finish for an otherwise so so year in the commercial roofing business. BONUS TIME!!!!

MAN that is AWESOME!
Little gift from above for your industry, in a time that Im sure some help is welcome!
And now its nice and cooling down. First rate my man, first rate..