PDA

View Full Version : good ole fashion old school hd shotguns, lets see them

bobski
01-28-2015, 05:09 PM
was a time when all an american needed was a stevens crackshot 12ga in the closet. it had 1 round of buckshot in it at all times and everyone knew not to go near it or dad would beat the daylights out of you. it sat there for 50 years and was never shot. if it was shot, it was to chase a dog out of moms garden!
boy times have changed.

so, to salute the simpler life and the old timers who didnt need snake oil and laser sights....lets see some of your old fashion hd shotguns.
to qualify...lets make it wood stocked, single bbl, double bbl or a plain bbl pump without a vent rib ONLY.

no crap on it! make it only something youd find in a barn!

and the dirtier and rustier the better. dont go finding it on the net. it has to be yours!:smile:

FunkyPertwee
01-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Where's your pic?

I got an old single shot .410 with surface pitting that my dad gave me years ago.

No pics on my phone and I'm away from the compound.

bobski
01-28-2015, 06:07 PM
all my guns dont meet that criteria.:smile:

Aggressive Perfector
01-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Closest thing I have to that is my Rossi youth model .22lr/ 20 guage matched pair. You'd disqualify it though, the trigger guard, of all things, is plastic, as is the butt pad. :tongue:

shorthair
01-29-2015, 09:25 AM
The M37 I have was acquired when I went to collect a 90 dollar debt. The guy had been avoiding me for months. While discussing his lack of funds I saw a shotty leaning inside the carport wall.

Can I see it? Sure. I'll take this for your debt. OK. His brother was not happy that I had the shotty now. I explained to him that it was rusted bad and looked like shit. He agreed and let me take it.

The out side was pitted but the inside was fine, shinny bore too. The local gunsmith had it reblued and Sage International Ghost Ring with tritium front sight added. I refinished the stock with True Oil.

Sure it's pitted but it's my favorite. 18" Cylinder Bore, Magna Ported, sunburst buttplate and the ring tail forearm. It's fun to shoot. My favorite Deer gun.

But it doesn't qualify.

bobski
01-29-2015, 02:28 PM
ap....wrong thread. plastic is allowed here!