PDA

View Full Version : How Globull Warming, er Clitoris Change, er Clitoris Disruption - Self Propagates.

Oswald Bastable
01-29-2015, 01:00 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w6LR5izWzho/VCSjvatlvZI/AAAAAAAAfpM/hAngGkOiL0k/s1600/gobal.png

LOL!!! This blog rules!

Schuetzenman
01-29-2015, 06:24 AM
That's exactly correct. Academics need to work so they say they have to study this possible Glowbull Warming thing. They have no interest in stating the truth or they would be unemployed.

shorthair
01-29-2015, 06:31 AM
NPR used to have a show about the most ridicules outrageous Government funding grants made available for the previous year. This wasn't a show to embarrass the Government, it was an award show. I haven't heard it in some time.

Oswald Bastable
01-29-2015, 06:09 PM
http://comicincorrect.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Settled-Science-600-LA.jpg

studmuffin
01-29-2015, 08:45 PM
A well funded global communist cult

Oswald Bastable
01-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Imagine...what it if was proven conclusively that climate change was so minimally impacted by man for that impact to be immaterial?

What would all those climate scientists do? What research, exactly, would they be able to request funding for...hmmm?

N/A
01-29-2015, 08:58 PM
They'd just revert back to our polluting the atmosphere...until they could find something else.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-30-2015, 05:31 AM
Imagine...what it if was proven conclusively that climate change was so minimally impacted by man for that impact to be immaterial?

What would all those climate scientists do? What research, exactly, would they be able to request funding for...hmmm? They'd switch back to the new ice age gambit.

weevil
01-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Nothing new though, the chief and the witch doctor were fooling the tribe from before the stone age.

Leaders have been scamming the peasants from the begining with warnings of gloom and doom.

The gods are angry and you evil-doers need to make sacrifices!!!

And of course having the resident smart guy be he witch-doctor/wizard/scientist whatever go along with it makes it a much easier sell.

The "scientists" of the age went right along with proclaiming the gods to be angry, the earth is flat or whatever those in charge wanted them to say, and for very similiar reasons.

If you didn't your career would be ruined and you'd be ripped apart on the rack or burned at the stake or become one of the sacrifices, or lose your grants.

Lots of incentive to go along with the accepted dogma.

davepool
01-30-2015, 02:18 PM
They'd switch back to the new ice age gambit.

...that is caused by globull warming...or the hole in the ozone....or a shift in the poles caused by too many people living in the northern hemisphere, hell somewhere in the ocean there is an island in danger of capsizing

ltorlo64
01-30-2015, 03:59 PM
NPR used to have a show about the most ridicules outrageous Government funding grants made available for the previous year. This wasn't a show to embarrass the Government, it was an award show. I haven't heard it in some time.

Seeing how NPR and PBS are really part of the government it would make sense that any programs that really point out problems with government would be stopped.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-31-2015, 05:20 AM
...that is caused by globull warming...or the hole in the ozone....or a shift in the poles caused by too many people living in the northern hemisphere, hell somewhere in the ocean there is an island in danger of capsizingHAHA Yeah pretty scary that guy got enough votes to win, and he's writing laws for us.

LAGC
01-31-2015, 12:48 PM

What would all those climate scientists do? What research, exactly, would they be able to request funding for...hmmm?

That's precisely why I seriously doubt they are bullshitting.

The very policies they are advocating for would either prove or disprove their life's work.

If it was all just a con to game the "science grant money machine" the last thing they would want to do is actually see their theories actually put to the test and possibly proven false.

Yet that's exactly what science is all about. Proposing a bold hypothesis and trying like hell to disprove it. Only once a hypothesis has not been able to be disproved after many, many valiant tries, does it finally become an entrenched theory, which is as close to the truth as it gets in science.

weevil
01-31-2015, 01:12 PM
That's precisely why I seriously doubt they are bullshitting.

The very policies they are advocating for would either prove or disprove their life's work.

If it was all just a con to game the "science grant money machine" the last thing they would want to do is actually see their theories actually put to the test and possibly proven false.

Yet that's exactly what science is all about. Proposing a bold hypothesis and trying like hell to disprove it. Only once a hypothesis has not been able to be disproved after many, many valiant tries, does it finally become an entrenched theory, which is as close to the truth as it gets in science.

Well the problem is that any scientists who dare to break ranks and point out the emperor has no clothes are being ostracized and ridiculed.

Any attempts to debate or show other evidence are stonewalled and brushed aside.

When ever opposing views are oppressed and debate is stifled it's no longer science it's religion.

LAGC
01-31-2015, 01:17 PM
Well the problem is that any scientists who dare to break ranks and point out the emperor has no clothes are being ostracized and ridiculed.

Any attempts to debate or show other evidence are stonewalled and brushed aside.

When ever opposing views are oppressed and debate is stifled it's no longer science it's religion.

No, the problem is we haven't even been able to test the hypothesis yet. The only way to prove that Greenhouse gases aren't causing the warming is to REVERSE the steady increase of said gases being pumped into the atmosphere and see if it keeps warming.

Until we do that, people can naysay all they want, but when the naysayers are the ones who don't want to actually perform the test and see who is right, that makes me think the ones who do aren't the ones who are bullshitting.

weevil
01-31-2015, 01:23 PM
No, the problem is we haven't even been able to test the hypothesis yet. The only way to prove that Greenhouse gases aren't causing the warming is to REVERSE the steady increase of said gases being pumped into the atmosphere and see if it keeps warming.

Until we do that, people can naysay all they want, but when the naysayers are the ones who don't want to actually perform the test and see who is right, that makes me think the ones who do aren't the ones who are bullshitting.

The problem is all the gloom and doom predictions made by the GW scientists 10-15 years ago have failed to materialize.

Are we supposed to accept these failures and buy their excuse that this is just some sort of "lull" we're in???

Or are we to question the veracity of their methods and the credibility of their theories?

LAGC
01-31-2015, 01:37 PM
The problem is all the gloom and doom predictions made in 10-15 years ago have failed to materialize.

Are we supposed to accept these failures and buy their excuse that this is just some sort of "lull" we're in???

Or are we to question the veracity of their methods and the credibility of their theories?

First of all, there have been no theories -- just hypotheses. A "theory" is as close to the proven truth as it gets in science, but even then there is still room for it to possibly be disproven. (think: the "theory of gravity", the "theory of plate tectonics", the "theory of oxygen combustion", etc.)

And despite the general consensus amongst climate scientists that human activity is contributing greatly to climate change, there are various hypotheses as to just how fast that change is occurring.

That's why scientists build predictive models, make continual observations, then plug that data into their models to see if their hypothesis turns out correct. Most models fail to prove accurate, so they are discarded. Some models however, do, so they are further reinforced.

Right now there are some very accurate models. None of them are predicting "total gloom and doom" besides increasing frequency of extreme weather events and gradual sea-level rise over the rest of this century. Some predictions, like regional crop failures, are still quite uncertain.

Yet despite all of this, all of these scientists are willing to put their entire life's work and reputations on the line and risk being proven wrong by advocating that we tweak with the one variable they believe is most directly responsible for the effect they are measuring against.

For that will be the only conclusive proof. Actually modifying the suspected causative agent and seeing how the models measure up against such a change in that variable. That's why they are willing to take the risk.

weevil
01-31-2015, 01:46 PM
What risk?

If you receive full funding right or wrong and all opposing evidence is ignored and brushed aside and all your critics and opposing "hypothesis" are silenced what are you putting at risk?

LAGC
01-31-2015, 01:51 PM
What risk?

If you receive full funding right or wrong and all opposing evidence is ignored and brushed aside and all your critics and opposing "hypothesis" are silenced what are you putting at risk?

If scientists are successful at convincing politicians to seriously curb Greenhouse gas emissions, and the warming doesn't stop... well, how much longer do you think they are going to be funded?

weevil
01-31-2015, 01:57 PM
If scientists are successful at convincing politicians to seriously curb Greenhouse gas emissions, and the warming doesn't stop... well, how much longer do you think they are going to be funded?

Are you serious?

When has any tax collecting scheme instituted by the govt ever stopped???

As long as the govt and the pols are making money off of it the funding will never ever stop!

Their "hypothesis" they made 15 years ago have failed to come to fruition.......has the funding stopped???

LAGC
01-31-2015, 02:03 PM
Are you serious?

When has any tax collecting scheme instituted by the govt ever stopped???

As long as the govt and the pols are making money off of it the funding will never ever stop!

Carbon taxes aren't the only way to tackle the problem. Several Republican voices who have reluctantly come to accept what scientists have to say on this issue, have suggested other policy proposals, such as offering serious tax breaks and other major subsidies to nuclear power plants, for example, to effectively price coal/natural-gas generation out of the market while greatly reducing everyone's power bills.

That's why we need more Republicans to quit obstructing and coming to the table to talk actual SOLUTIONS.

Because so far they've allowed the Democrats to monopolize the issue, and we all know the Democrats love to raise taxes before considering any other reasonable alternatives.

Their "hypothesis" they made 15 years ago have failed to come to fruition.......has the funding stopped???

There was never a majority of climate scientists who ever claimed "doom and gloom in 15 years", only a lunatic fringe who have since been marginalized.

weevil
01-31-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah I really trust the Repubs they'd never do anything to fuck us and line their own pockets in the process.

Are you really that naïve or just stupid???

LAGC
01-31-2015, 02:13 PM
Yeah I really trust the Repubs they'd never do anything to fuck us and line their own pockets in the process.

Are you really that naïve or just stupid???

Well, of course, they are all money-grubbing politicians, so of course they are going to try to line their own pockets in the process.

But I don't really care if a few Republicans get rich by investing in nuclear power company stocks, so long as action gets taken.

We've been fucking around way too long on this issue, and by "we" I mean the U.S. The entire rest of the world is ready to act, but they need our leadership and economic muscle in order to drag other major players like China and India along for the ride.

We certainly can't do this alone.

ltorlo64
01-31-2015, 02:29 PM

The other way is to look at trends in earths temperature over time, even when there were no measuring devices available science can tell what the temperature was doing (ie geology, archeology, etc). The global warming cult refuses to acknowledge past cyclic trends and apply those trends to todays recorded data.

ltorlo64
01-31-2015, 02:32 PM
Well, of course, they are all money-grubbing politicians, so of course they are going to try to line their own pockets in the process.

But I don't really care if a few Republicans get rich by investing in nuclear power company stocks, so long as action gets taken.

Don't forget about the Democrats. President Obama and Solendra (to name just one of the companies that he pushed money to whose owners helped get him elected) and VP Gore and his deep investments in "green" companies are just a couple that I can name off the top of my head without doing any research.

alismith
01-31-2015, 02:39 PM

We've been fucking around way too long on this issue, and by "we" I mean the U.S. The entire rest of the world is ready to act, but they need our leadership and economic muscle in order to drag other major players like China and India along for the ride.

We certainly can't do this alone.

You are truly the Mohammad of human-caused Globull Warming, but you are preaching in the wastelands (by that I mean you are wasting your time, effort, and bandwidth "preaching" your religion to us). As far as human-caused globull warming goes, nothing you can say, or do, will convince us that any warming process isn't natural.

It might be more effective for you to work on other topics if you ever want to be taken seriously. Your continued stance on this topic is nothing more than laughable now. It was fun for a while, but that time has long passed.

In the words of a famous movie,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHue-HaXXzg

LAGC
01-31-2015, 02:49 PM
You are truly the Mohammad of human-caused Globull Warming, but you are preaching in the wastelands (by that I mean you are wasting your time, effort, and bandwidth "preaching" your religion to us). As far as human-caused globull warming goes, nothing you can say, or do, will convince us that any warming process isn't natural.

If you haven't noticed, all of these climate change debate threads get hundreds of views on this forum, even if only a dozen or so active users are posting. That tells me there are quite a few lurkers out there who find this topic of great interest, even if they don't feel bold enough to weigh in and post their views about it... yet.

It might be more effective for you to work on other topics if you ever want to be taken seriously. Your continued stance on this topic is nothing more than laughable now. It was fun for a while, but that time has long passed.

I'll take that as a vote that my arguments are beginning to resonate, and it bothers you that I might be right.

:coffee:

alismith
01-31-2015, 03:07 PM
If you haven't noticed, all of these climate change debate threads get hundreds of views on this forum, even if only a dozen or so active users are posting. That tells me there are quite a few lurkers out there who find this topic of great interest, even if they don't feel bold enough to weigh in and post their views about it... yet.

I'll take that as a vote that my arguments are beginning to resonate, and it bothers you that I might be right.

:coffee:

:slap:

weevil
01-31-2015, 04:19 PM
It's definitely one of the hot topics of our era as it should be.

Anytime the govt wants to take control of your life and stick their hand in your pocket under the guise of "science" we should all be concerned.

LAGC does provide valuable insight into the sort of mind that buys into these scams.

We often look at things in history and wonder how could people have been so foolish and gullible........well now you know.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-31-2015, 05:11 PM
Carbon taxes aren't the only way to tackle the problem. Several Republican voices who have reluctantly come to accept what scientists have to say on this issue, have suggested other policy proposals, such as offering serious tax breaks and other major subsidies to nuclear power plants, for example, to effectively price coal/natural-gas generation out of the market while greatly reducing everyone's power bills.

That's why we need more Republicans to quit obstructing and coming to the table to talk actual SOLUTIONS.

Because so far they've allowed the Democrats to monopolize the issue, and we all know the Democrats love to raise taxes before considering any other reasonable alternatives.

There was never a majority of climate scientists who ever claimed "doom and gloom in 15 years", only a lunatic fringe who have since been marginalized. We don't need solutions for a non existent problem. Theories and models that have to be manipulated and faked to get the outcome desired is not science. It amazes me, knowing you are fairly smart and you are skeptical except for a few things you fall right in for a religion that has been shown to be corrupt, caught manipulating the very same you want us to believe..

ltorlo64
01-31-2015, 08:56 PM

Repeating the same distortions over and over again does not mean your arguments are "resonating", it just means you refuse to look at all the evidence, especially the manipulated data. That is what gets old and makes it hard for you to be taken seriously.