PDA

View Full Version : Nashville, TN - Judge’s ruling may shut down Nashville gun shop

Gunreference1
10-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Judge’s ruling may shut down Nashville gun shop

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 10:45pm
By James Nix

A Nashville gun shop last week suffered a legal blow that could lead to the loss of its license to sell firearms.

A U.S. District Court judge for the Middle District of Tennessee last Friday ruled in favor of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, which argued that Gun City had “willfully” violated the Gun Control Act.

The ruling upholds the bureau’s decision to revoke Gun City’s license, but the Murfreesboro Road gun shop has 60 days after the ruling to appeal. The license would be revoked if Gun City doesn’t appeal and win. Gun City’s attorney said that decision hasn’t yet been made.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/judge-s-ruling-may-shut-down-nashville-gun-shop

Steve

slamfire51
10-07-2010, 06:58 AM
I've been in that shop twice. Prices were through the roof. One of the people commenting on this story is correct, the employees ARE idiots.
I got a strange feeling when I walked into the place for the first time. I can't put my finger on the feeling, but it wasn't good.
They have or had a gunsmith on site and a indoor range in the basement where you could rent or test the gun you were buying. You could rent and shoot FA weapons at one point in time.

I did buy an Enfield No4. Mk1 there hack in the 70's only because no other dealer had them in stock.

Gunreference1
12-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Gun City store can't sell guns after license is revoked

Repeated violations led to federal action

By Brian Haas • THE TENNESSEAN • December 27, 2010

Gun City USA remains open for business, but the self-described largest and oldest gun shop in Nashville can no longer sell guns.

On Dec. 1, Gun City's federal firearms license was revoked after years of regulatory violations, barring the store from buying, selling or repairing guns. The store had challenged the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' revocation, but a federal judge in October denied its appeal.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101227/NEWS01/12270321/1001/NEWS

Steve

slamfire51
12-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Probably a good thing.
This shop and it's practices give the good dealers a bad public image.

redstategunnut
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
The place was a dump, the employees were condescending know-nothings. No loss.

slamfire51
12-27-2010, 01:32 PM
The place was a dump, the employees were condescending know-nothings. No loss.

Exactly my thoughts.