PDA

View Full Version : MD - Advocates of localized handgun permitting see it as a step

Gunreference1
10-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Advocates of localized handgun permitting see it as a step

Activists see Md. as a ‘may issue’ state rather than a ‘shall issue’ one

By HEATHER KEELS
October 6, 2010
heather.keels@herald-mail.com

Advocates of localized handgun permitting said Wednesday that they view it as a step closer to more permissive right-to-carry practices in Maryland.

Shifting permitting from the state level to the county level would not change the state’s requirement for applicants to show “good and substantial reason” to carry a handgun, but it could allow for more-permissive interpretations of that statute, Frederick County Sheriff Charles A. “Chuck” Jenkins said Wednesday.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=254308&format=html

Steve

Gunreference1
01-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Right-to-carry proposal stirs debate in Frederick County

January 2, 2011 - 9:25am
by Meg Tully @ The Frederick News-Post

When former Frederick County Sheriff Robert C. Snyder applied for a right-to-carry gun permit several years ago, he had every reason to believe it would be granted.

The former lawman had served for 24 years on the Maryland State Police and was sheriff for eight years.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=2218561

Steve

alismith
01-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I read the second article (couldn't find the first one) and I don't see much hope in changing the law as it now stands. The narrowness of the bill totally eliminates the average, law-abiding citizen from ever being able to legally carry a concealed weapon and with all the fruitcake liberals in the Balto-DC corridor, I don't see it happening unless every one of those in the state government is defeated and only pro-gun officials are elected. Teddy Kennedy could have taken the place of any one of our elected officials and no one would know the difference.

Sad.