PDA

View Full Version : FA Mini 14's - AC556

O.S.O.K.
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I am not a Tittle II guy - don't really intend to go through the process to get a stamp.

Part of the reasoning behind this is that I was under the impression that FA firearms that I might be interested in were all +$10K.

But I saw a Ruger AC556 on gunbroker listed for $7800. These have 3 round burst and FA settings in addition to the semi auto mode. Now that's a cool ride IMHO. Especially given the reliablity of these and mag availability, caliber, etc...

What else besides Mac10 sears are under $10K?

deth502
10-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Especially given the reliablity of these and mag availability,

:yeah::yeah:

but seriously, idk how much youve shot yours yet, but hat they say is true, they are very picky with the mags.

that said, ive gotten most of my good mags from class 3 dealers who had them to go with ac556's.

circuits
10-07-2010, 01:02 PM
What else besides Mac10 sears are under $10K?

The market's really soft right now with the economy being so down. Currently under $10K:

RR conversion M16 $8k-$9k
AR-15 lightning link $6k-$7k
FN FNC $7k
AC-556 $7k
Uzi (various) $5k-$6k
MAC10/11 - $2k-$4k depending
MK760/S&W/Swedish K-76 $3k-$5k

probably a lot more like reisings and other wierd subguns under $10k too, but I don't track them. Looking at completed NFA auctions on gunbroker can let you know what price things are moving at, as opposed to what people are asking and hoping for, but not getting any takers.

Partisan1983
10-09-2010, 02:48 AM
The market's really soft right now with the economy being so down. Currently under $10K:

RR conversion M16 $8k-$9k
AR-15 lightning link $6k-$7k
FN FNC $7k
AC-556 $7k
Uzi (various) $5k-$6k
MAC10/11 - $2k-$4k depending
MK760/S&W/Swedish K-76 $3k-$5k

probably a lot more like reisings and other wierd subguns under $10k too, but I don't track them. Looking at completed NFA auctions on gunbroker can let you know what price things are moving at, as opposed to what people are asking and hoping for, but not getting any takers.

circuits nailed it. The majority of transferables (not collector/rare pieces) have come down in price(value) and have been for awhile now.

When the housing market tanked, followed real soon by land value, for some strange reason, FA prices started dropping....IMHO many "average" guys were buying 'em on home equity loans or leasing empty acreage out for whatever reason (farming, hunting, campgrounds etc. etc.)

Crash
10-09-2010, 08:20 AM
"But I saw a Ruger AC556 on gunbroker listed for $7800."

If it is a true AC556 and not converted Mini 14 then Ruger will cover it under the factory warranty if anything should happen to it.

I looked into one but from what I read if the FA selector is on the 3 round burst it has to fire all 3 rounds to reset. If you only fired 2 rounds for whatever reason then the next time you try it it will only fire 1 shot. That ruined it for me but then again with a little practice you can learn to burst fire a weapon and not even need that feature.

Kalashnicrazy
10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
I see AC-556's in the mid to high $5k range. I had a 13" barrel one years ago and they are fun! The plus is Ruger now offers OEM high cap mags, so you don't have to hunt around for reliable mags anymore...

Add to that under-$10k list:

MP-40
Sten Mk II
Sterlings
Madsen M-50
Reisings (C&R too!)

My avatar is my MP-40 that I finally got the funds to afford. The Great Recession did have its perk in this case....I've wanted one my whole life and now I gots it!!

Surly
10-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Do yourself a favor and don't get into NFA...stamp collecting gets addicting. I've got a MK760 and Uzi and I'm hunting for a RDIAS or RR AR/M16 now. Never thought I'd get into it this far...11 stamps and counting.

Crash
10-31-2010, 12:34 PM
NFA's are addictive, I have an UZI and now I want to get a silencer for it. I'm also already looking for another Class 3 but I'm torn between getting another SMG now or saving a little to get a machine gun like an M16 or AC556.
I go to the local indoor range that allows full auto and once I let off a burst I usually spend 5 minutes talking to folks about it till they let me get back to shooting. We get a lot of foreign tourists in this area and most come to the range due to an ad shown in the hotels; they do it just to be able say they fired a gun. It makes me appreciate our rights even more after they describe their lack of freedom with firearms. I've even let some fire it once they get a walk down on the weapon and how to handle it safely.

O.S.O.K.
10-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh, I have other things that I need to spend money on before a FA. Like land.

But I have to admit I'd like one...

Schuetzenman
10-31-2010, 05:13 PM
I'd like to have a transferrable full auto as well but even the cheap ones are way over priced. You get one weapon for 5k, think about how many semi-autos you can buy for that. You could buy 4 stripped AR receivers and 4 AR carbine / rifle kits and get those for $550 to $600 total per assembled weapon. That would be $2400 or less than half what most FA weapons go for. Leaves a lot of coin for sights, mags and ammo.

Surly
10-31-2010, 06:51 PM
I'd like to have a transferrable full auto as well but even the cheap ones are way over priced. You get one weapon for 5k, think about how many semi-autos you can buy for that. You could buy 4 stripped AR receivers and 4 AR carbine / rifle kits and get those for $550 to $600 total per assembled weapon. That would be $2400 or less than half what most FA weapons go for. Leaves a lot of coin for sights, mags and ammo.

That, and you have the advantage of shooting them all together, simultaneously, in semiauto...definitely more fun and challenging.

filthy phil
10-31-2010, 07:57 PM
That, and you have the advantage of shooting them all together, simultaneously, in semiauto...definitely more fun and challenging.

when'd you get back here?

Surly
11-01-2010, 07:37 PM
when'd you get back here?

16, well now 17 posts ago. I'm pretty busy and don't do the intardwebs too much.

For the rest of you...stop being a bunch of sissies and get a MG/SMG if your state permits.