PDA

View Full Version : It finaly happened!

5.56NATO
02-05-2015, 11:59 AM
No, not lost virginity.

Dems have realised they have dinos!

"I have to say, there’s something about this latest iteration of Clinton Industries that I find a little dispiriting, though probably not for the reasons you might think.

It’s not that I think Hillary Clinton couldn’t be a good president, or even the right fit for the moment. Going back to her days in the Senate, Clinton has always been pragmatic and dexterous with the machinery of government. That might be a welcome contrast with Barack Obama, who after six years in the job still seems to regard himself as a critic of the system, rather than as the guy who owns it.

And although you might be tempted to say I’m just a typical journalist who’s dying to cover a more exciting Democratic primary campaign than the one taking shape right now, that really isn’t it, either. I’ve seen all the freezing, late-night rallies and desperate attack ads I need to see for one lifetime. If Hillary can spare us more of that a year from now, I say go for it.

Some people around Clinton assume that any skepticism about her candidacy has to do with latent sexism, but I’m pretty sure that’s not my issue, either. Last week, my 6-year-old daughter informed me that she couldn’t be president because she’s a girl. So believe me, if Hillary Clinton takes the oath of office on the third Friday of 2017, we’ll be watching together.

Nor am I necessarily devastated, as some people are, by the idea of yet another Clinton campaign (which would be the fourth in seven presidential elections), or even another Bush-Clinton matchup, should it come to that. Dynastic politics can’t be good for the democracy, but that’s up to the voters, and if they want to treat the presidency like it’s a “Rocky” sequel, so be it.

No, my problem with the Clinton Death Star strategy — and the sense of entitlement that comes with it — is that a generation of influential Democrats seems to have lost touch with the anti-establishment impulse that brought them into politics in the first place."
http://news.yahoo.com/my-problem-with-the-clinton-death-star-220134299.html

FunkyPertwee
02-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Antiestablishment Democrats? Is that a joke?

5.56NATO
02-05-2015, 12:16 PM
I think they're realising that rinos and dinos are on the same team.

raxar
02-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Antiestablishment Democrats? Is that a joke?

Liberal doublethink.

LAGC
02-06-2015, 05:33 AM
You must not visit DU very often. There's serious talk of revolt if someone doesn't at least step up to the plate and give Hillary a good primary challenge.

It's doubtful Hillary will be able to marshal the same enthusiasm the first black president got when he was elected by landslide in 2008, especially if she runs as corporate-lite, unlike the populist Obama claimed he would be.

She needs a strong challenge from the left to get her out of her comfort zone and engage the Democratic base, otherwise she'll have to rely on mushy moderates to carry her over.

Of course, knowing the GOP, they will field an even more lackluster candidate and she'll still win by default. But certainly with no mandate from the "serious left."

alismith
02-06-2015, 07:46 AM
I guess I'm a dino (and proud of it).

I have never voted for a dimocrat and never will in any state or fed election. I've only voted for one democrat in my whole life and he was at a local level (he was pro-gun).

Screw all the others.

raxar
02-06-2015, 04:28 PM
You must not visit DU very often. There's serious talk of revolt if someone doesn't at least step up to the plate and give Hillary a good primary challenge.

It's doubtful Hillary will be able to marshal the same enthusiasm the first black president got when he was elected by landslide in 2008, especially if she runs as corporate-lite, unlike the populist Obama claimed he would be.

She needs a strong challenge from the left to get her out of her comfort zone and engage the Democratic base, otherwise she'll have to rely on mushy moderates to carry her over.

Of course, knowing the GOP, they will field an even more lackluster candidate and she'll still win by default. But certainly with no mandate from the "serious left."

What a bunch of sexist pigs. If she was a man they wouldn't have a problem with it (Like how they wouldn't have a problem with 0bama if he weren't black).

FunkyPertwee
02-06-2015, 04:47 PM
"Serious Left" AKA Bolsheviks.