PDA

View Full Version : Ever had Anthem health insurance (Anthem Blue Cross)...well you may be screwed.

Oswald Bastable
02-05-2015, 07:08 PM
The insurance company announced Wednesday that its database had been hacked, exposing personal data on as many as 80 million records for current and former customers and employees. The information accessed includes names, birthdays, Social Security numbers, street addresses, email addresses and employment information, including income data, according to the company.

http://conservativeread.com/quick-guide-to-the-worst-corporate-hack-attacks-and-anthem-is-the-latest-breach/

Lovely...I had Anthem ins. in a previous job...

imanaknut
02-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Went to the Anthem website. Gee, February is National Heart Health Month. Knowing that Anthem got hacked, and all your information needed to bury you is now in the hands of criminals, this should do wonders for stress related heart issues!

LAGC
02-06-2015, 01:49 AM
Sounds like Blue Cross of Idaho isn't affected. But any BCI customers who used their insurance in those extended coverage areas (Anthem, back east) could have been exposed.

Not reassuring.

Oswald Bastable
02-06-2015, 01:55 AM
Went to the Anthem website. Gee, February is National Heart Health Month. Knowing that Anthem got hacked, and all your information needed to bury you is now in the hands of criminals, this should do wonders for stress related heart issues!

They have a blanket statement at http://anthemfacts.com/ that says...nothing...the infographic proposed by all gov't/industry with their perfidy...

One wonders what could be achieved by all consumers simply saying, "we ain't payin' any more" since you can't secure your systems...

imanaknut
02-06-2015, 12:47 PM
With all online sign ups like mandatory registering for obama-care that put your whole life on the line for hackers to steal, it is a hacker paradise. Anthem is bragging that your medical info hasn't been compromised but who cares when enough info that was compromised will allow the criminals to build fake a "you" since all needed personal info was taken. I would rather them knowing that I use eye-drops than have my name, address, birth date, and social insecurity number stolen.