PDA

View Full Version : Hibben Knives?

Aggressive Perfector
02-05-2015, 10:08 PM
For starters, I'm not a knife guy. I know very little about "quality" blades. Just getting that out of the way.

I was given a Hibben Arkansas Toothpick styled blade that's supposed to be an Expendables 2 "special limited edition blah blah blah". Probably made in China. I'm thinking this thing was obviously made more for decoration than anything just by looking at it, not to mention I wouldn't imagine stainless steel resharpens too well. Anyone care to tell me just how in the hell this thing can be useful for anything anywhere other than taking up closet space and does Hibben make anything remotely practical?
https://www.hibbenknives.com/Expendables2.htm

Richard Simmons
02-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Most of the Hibben stuff is fantasy/movie type blades and I would agree they are more for display than use. According to the site linked they are using 440C which is a fine steel but how they may or may not be heat treating it is another story. IIRC I've got a couple of sets of Hibben throwing knives which are fine for their intended use. All in all for a useable blade I would look elsewhere.