PDA

View Full Version : Cities should ban young minority males from owning guns

02-08-2015, 03:08 PM

Speaking to the Aspen Institute on February 6, Michael Bloomberg said cities should ban young minority males from owning guns, both as an effort to reduce crime and to keep those minority males “alive.”

According to The Aspen Times, Bloomberg addressed a variety of topics, and after commenting on poverty and education, he discussed guns. The Times reported that he said, “Cities need to get guns out of [the] … hands” of persons who are “male, minority, and between the ages of 15 and 25.”

He claimed that “95 percent of all murders fall into this category” and that taking guns away from them will not only reduce crime, but will “keep them alive.”

Bloomberg said male minorities from the ages of 15 to 25 do not have a good outlook on life and “think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed.” He also said having a gun “is a joke” for them, that “it’s a joke to pull the trigger.”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/07/bloomberg-suggests-banning-young-minority-males-from-gun-ownership/

Where are Reverendz Sharpton and Jackson?

5.56NATO
02-08-2015, 03:11 PM
can open
worms everywhere

FunkyPertwee
02-08-2015, 03:31 PM
The problem he addresses is a real one, he solution he provides is obviously unconstitutional and works in antithesis of the goal of transform young black people in responsible citizens with self-control.

Unfortunatley its impossible for anyone to seriously address the issues he brings up, and that they can only be used by progressives to pass their social agenda.

BISHOP
02-08-2015, 03:45 PM
THIS JUST IN...
Michael Bloomberg wants to deny ALL minorities their Constitutional Rights.

BISHOP

LAGC
02-08-2015, 03:50 PM
This is satire right?

I know many ultra-rich folks harbor great fear of the unwashed masses ever arming and organizing themselves to rise up against the ever-increasing wealth inequality in this country, let alone the world, but they aren't usually that candid about their agenda to disarm all but their own elite bodyguards and subservient police forces outside of their (heavily) gated communities.

I mean, even Bill Gates sticks with his "gun safety" message, supposedly only wanting "reasonable regulations" like universal background checks, at least in public, even though he's been said to be in favor of far stricter gun controls (in private) once the momentum has been built.

alismith
02-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Dats rassis...

Where's Jesse Jerkoff and Al Sharptooth? The Rev. Wright/Wrong will have his ass for this....

ltorlo64
02-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Imagine if this had been said by Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, you name the Republican who may run for President. Actually, just name a Republican and imagine the burning and tar and feathering that would be going on by the MSM right now. "We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this breaking story of Republicans being racist."

Well, at least we will be able to laugh when this is shown on Cobert or one of the other fake news shows.

weevil
02-08-2015, 05:22 PM
So what about young minority males who's pants aren't down around their knees and actually have a job and want a gun to protect their home and family from hoodlums and crooks???

Or is it only the criminals safety we're concerned about???

The prison guard's union got a better lobby???

ltorlo64
02-08-2015, 05:50 PM
So what about young minority males who's pants aren't down around their knees and actually have a job and want a gun to protect their home and family from hoodlums and crooks???

In Mayor Bloomberg's eyes, as in the eyes of most liberals, they are black so they are a threat. He does not differentiate between people based on actions but based on color. How they get away with blaming this behavior on conservatives I have no idea.

imanaknut
02-08-2015, 05:58 PM
This has to be a satire. Bloomberg might be an idiot but I can't believe he is that stupid!

l921428x
02-08-2015, 06:39 PM
ohhh I can. self importance and elitism can make you say things that make normal folk
scratch their heads.

alismith
02-08-2015, 06:53 PM
This has to be a satire. Bloomberg might be an idiot but I can't believe he is that stupid!

The article appeared to be genuine. I didn't see any disclaimers anywhere.

And, yes, Bloomberg, is stupid.

NAPOTS
02-08-2015, 07:22 PM
I'm waiting for the bait and switch approach on this one, "oh we can't do that because of equal protection? Well I guess we'll have to ban them for everybody then."

weevil
02-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I'm waiting for the bait and switch approach on this one, "oh we can't do that because of equal protection? Well I guess we'll have to ban them for everybody then."

Well Bloomberg has poured millions into banning guns for "everybody" and his efforts have failed miserably.

Apparently he's decided to switch tactics to that old Dem favorite of finding an unpopular minority.....drunk-drivers, smokers, wife-beaters, etc....and getting oppressive laws passed against them and then expanding the program over time.

davepool
02-08-2015, 08:26 PM
I think this is great, he has finally revealed him self. An elitist rich guy who thinks his money qualifies him to be supreme ruler, it used to be god who made kings, now you can buy the throne. Starting to sound like that looney fuck in north korea. He's really stepped in it now, under feigned concern for the lives of of these young minority males, he has launched an attack on the civil rights of obamas chosen

Wasn't it the rich white pansies that banned guns from negros after the civil war?

LAGC
02-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Wasn't it the rich white pansies that banned guns from negros after the civil war?

How do you think we ever ended up with the precursor to the 1968 GCA?

Those uppity black folks started exercising their Second Amendment rights in California, showing up armed at the statehouse and what not. Those rich white folks led by Gov'ner Ronnie Raygun himself weren't having any of that noise, and quickly passed the Mulford Act of 1967, which forbid open carrying of guns in CA.

The rest is history.

weevil
02-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Everytown for Gun Safety didn't work so lets try negro-phobia.

Hey it's gotta proven track record.

deth502
02-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Well, at least we will be able to laugh when this is shown on Cobert or one of the other fake news shows.

he'll need a time machine for that one.

BISHOP
02-09-2015, 12:01 AM
OK mabey that red looking black guy that is on now. Then.

BISHOP

1 Patriot-of-many
02-09-2015, 04:52 AM
can open
worms everywhere HAHAHAHA LMFAO..... I about spit my drink out.

Dan Morris
02-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Well Bloomberg has poured millions into banning guns for "everybody" and his efforts have failed miserably.

Apparently he's decided to switch tactics to that old Dem favorite of finding an unpopular minority.....drunk-drivers, smokers, wife-beaters, etc....and getting oppressive laws passed against them and then expanding the program over time.

He's fitting right in with the Aspen crowd!
Dan

mrkalashnikov
02-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Maybe a better yet solution would be to arm all the minority youth with surplus military hardware: M4/M16s, SAWs, M60s, RPGs, maybe some flamethrowers, etc etc.

At some point the problem would take care of itself.

alismith
02-09-2015, 02:45 PM
I'm wondering how he's going to make sure young, minority males are prevented from getting the guns they want and use....?

davepool
02-09-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm wondering how he's going to make sure young, minority males are prevented from getting the guns they want and use....?

Well, universal background checks, how else

alismith
02-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Well, universal background checks, how else

Right...How simple.

mrkalashnikov
02-09-2015, 04:34 PM

Hence my simple & much more workable plan. ;)

deth502
02-09-2015, 04:40 PM
The consensus is that no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in [insert any major dem run city here] are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition.