PDA

View Full Version : Combat rations of 20 armies around the world revealed

5.56NATO
02-09-2015, 11:14 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-2945604/Peanut-butter-ravioli-freeze-dried-curry-bubblegum-combat-rations-20-armies-world-revealed.html

Yumm!

BISHOP
02-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Some of those look to be so much more complete than our US MREs but then you have to understand that some countries only make 24 hour rations while our are one meal.
I can't believe that some countries still used canned foods. Imagine carrying 9-12 cans of stew in your pack instead of what we currently have.

ALSO, you can buy some of those rations on ebay. The prices are ok considering the rarity and still not expired, but the shipping is incredibly high.

BISHOP

Helen Keller
02-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Holy shit!

You get Mentos in Holland! , I feel so ripped off all those years getting expired M&M's/Skittles in my brown nasty bag.

Most countries learned after vietnam NOT to include metal containers in their rations.

raxar
02-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Italy wins for it's genius inclusion of bran tablets. Ukraine and Israel are tied for worst. Generally it seems the prissy western euro's have the best.

mrkalashnikov
02-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Japanese Imperial Army soldiers in WWII got a daily fist-sized ball of rice along with possibly some fish parts & random vegetables. They seemed to do pretty well on that.

raxar
02-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Japanese Imperial Army soldiers in WWII got a daily fist-sized ball of rice along with possibly some fish parts & random vegetables. They seemed to do pretty well on that.

Really? Last I checked they lost the war.

blacksheep
02-09-2015, 06:41 PM

Well other than that.................lol

mrkalashnikov
02-09-2015, 06:43 PM

They lost the war because they were vastly outgunned & outnumbered by a superior foe...not because of their diet.

BISHOP
02-09-2015, 06:46 PM
I have had Canadian rations. They were good. What I liked as a side/extra was the yeasty bread with jelly or jam.

BISHOP