PDA

View Full Version : Radio Shack Closing Due To Globull Warming

alismith
02-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Radio Shack has filed for Chapter 11 due to concerns over its impacts on causing Globull Warming...

With the closing of 1,700 stores, nationwide, this should be a big step in lessening greenhouse gases and the carbon footprints all these stores caused. Al Gore, and all the fake, scare-mongering, money-grubbing GW scientists, would be proud.

Here's a list of the stores that are closing:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2015/02/09/these-radioshack-stores-are-closing/

(Actually, the premise, here, is just as plausible as Al Gore's man-made Globull Warming is....)

FunkyPertwee
02-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Damn! I loved going into RadioShack.... in 1995.

skorpion
02-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Damn! I loved going into RadioShack.... in 1995.

http://youtu.be/77Wsfi3fB70

FunkyPertwee
02-10-2015, 04:50 PM
http://youtu.be/77Wsfi3fB70

I appreciate the nostalgic effort, but I can't more than 38 seconds into this garbage.

studmuffin
02-10-2015, 05:06 PM
look on the bright side. Cabelas is next. Think of all the going out of business specials.

weevil
02-10-2015, 08:59 PM
You're gonna see a lot more brick and mortar stores going belly.

But I think it has more to do with Al Gore's other invention........the internet.

sevlex
02-10-2015, 09:02 PM
I looked at the closure list and didn't see the store near me. I wonder if it will survive.

Schuetzenman
02-11-2015, 06:38 AM
I don't think Globull Warming has anything to do with it. What they sell, IS.

l921428x
02-11-2015, 02:08 PM
did not see the store near me, but I seldom go.

blacksheep
02-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Well bye...................

weevil
02-11-2015, 04:32 PM
The problem stores like RS are facing is consumers are using them as a showroom.

The come in check out an item they are interested in, hold it, fondle it and make sure it's what they want.........then go home and order it online where they're getting a better price.

Having actual stores with display items and employees to answer questions as well as maintaining an inventory and dealing with the shoplifting and damaged goods associated with walk-in stores, costs money. Money that has to be passed on in the form higher prices.

Having a website and maybe somebody to answer the phone then drop shipping the items from a warehouse or distributor is a lot cheaper.

NAPOTS
02-11-2015, 09:43 PM
The last time I went to Radio Shack it looked like a glorified cell phone accessories store. They didn't have anything that I couldn't get somewhere else cheaper and their selection of actual electronic parts sucked. It was mostly HDMI cables, cellphone screen protectors and random BS.

I'm sorry but I don't think they have really offered anything of value for a while.

alismith
02-11-2015, 09:51 PM
The last time I went to Radio Shack it looked like a glorified cell phone accessories store. They didn't have anything that I couldn't get somewhere else cheaper and their selection of actual electronic parts sucked. It was mostly HDMI cables, cellphone screen protectors and random BS.

I'm sorry but I don't think they have really offered anything of value for a while.

When they were competing with Lafayette Electronics (late 60's-early 70's), they had a great selection of electronics parts, radio/electronics kits, and accessories. Since their competition closed their doors, they've steadily left the electronics builders stuff behind and tried to cash in on the fad electronics and gadgets that other places carry. They left those of us who liked to build stuff behind.

Now, like you say, you can find the same stuff at other places for cheaper prices.

In trying to keep up with the ever-changing fads, they lost their initial purpose for being in business.

weevil
02-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Yeah they pretty much abandoned the electronic parts supply business for the "consumer electronics" market and now they're paying the price.

The trinkets and gadgets market has moved online and they're left holding the bag.

Cypher
02-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Where do you get that it was due to globull warming or was that supposed to be in purple?

Helen Keller
02-12-2015, 09:36 AM
one near me isnt closing, too bad cause everyone that works there looks like a pedophile.

Over the years most RS stores around here have been bought up and privatized.

alismith
02-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Where do you get that it was due to globull warming or was that supposed to be in purple?

It was sarcasm based on all the examples a certain Globull Warming, Marxist Priest, here, keeps throwing up to show how man-made Globull Warming is affecting everything in our environment. I did it as an attempt to show how ridiculous all his "proofs" are.

If I had used purple, that would have given it away right off. I wanted him to scratch his head and try to figure it out...

Cypher
02-13-2015, 01:36 PM
It was sarcasm based on all the examples a certain Globull Warming, Marxist Priest, here, keeps throwing up to show how man-made Globull Warming is affecting everything in our environment. I did it as an attempt to show how ridiculous all his "proofs" are.

If I had used purple, that would have given it away right off. I wanted him to scratch his head and try to figure it out...

The sad thing is I could see some idiot actually using that as a reason for store closings.

alismith
02-13-2015, 10:44 PM
The sad thing is I could see some idiot actually using that as a reason for store closings.

Only the same idiot that, continually, keeps posting more nonsensical data to try and gain some modicum of respectability for his "religion" of man-made Globull Warming. ;)