PDA

View Full Version : Primary Arms Compact AR 2.5x Scope

jet3534
02-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Anyone have one of these? I bought an SR556 a few years ago and found it to be so heavy (in particular front heavy) I have not shot it much. At one time I had an EOTECH red dot mounted which I ended up giving to one of my kids and the gun has since stayed in the safe. However, I was reading some good reviews on the subject scope last week and decided to buy one and put it on my SR556 as weight is a good thing IMHO for longer range precision shooting. The Primary Arms scope is very clear (relatively crisp optics) - praticularly for something that cost $220, is not eye relief sensitive and HAS a nice ACOG type reticle. As a negative I can see that the ranging dots on the reticle are probably going to wash out in bright sun light. I plan to test this scope something next week and will post updated comments. Up until now I would say that Nikon was the only company that had good optics at a $200 price but the clearness on the scope I just received is better than Nikon scopes I have used.

FunkyPertwee
02-12-2015, 03:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0N0Fs0ov1w

jet3534
02-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the review. I like their shooting under stress drill, but doing this would probably get me kicked out of my gun club.

FunkyPertwee
02-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the review. I like their shooting under stress drill, but doing this would probably get me kicked out of my gun club.

They go a little overboard, but I love 'em.

Will be wearing my AK operator's union tshirt to my eastern european communism history course.