PDA

View Full Version : Witness: Man who killed Chris Kyle said he did it because 'they wouldn't talk to me'

5.56NATO
02-15-2015, 04:37 PM
A key prosecution witness told a Texas jury Friday that he overheard a former Marine say he shot Chris Kyle after the "American Sniper" hero ignored him.

Kyle and a buddy were gunned down at a rural Texas shooting range. The accused gunman Eddie Ray Routh, 27, claims he was insane at the time of the 2013 shooting.

"I heard Mr. Routh say, 'I shot them because they wouldn't talk to me,'" former Erath County sheriff’s deputy Gene Cole testified. Cole said Routh made the admission after authorities jailed him for the shootings.

Cole, who is now a police officer with another agency, quoted Routh as saying he was riding in the back seat with Kyle and the other man. They were headed to the shooting range and Routh complained nobody would talk to him, the witness said.

"I feel bad about it, but they wouldn't talk to me. I'm sure they've forgiven me," Routh said, according to Cole's testimony.

Kyle, 38, was shot six times with a .45-caliber weapon. His friend Chad Littlefield, 35, was shot seven times with Kyle’s Navy gun.

The testimony may help the prosecutors in suggesting a possible motive for the killings.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/14/witness-man-who-killed-american-sniper-chris-kyle-and-friend-said-shot-them/?intcmp=trending

There's more wrong than just the above here. How does a guy who is stoned, and not just on ganja but apparently ganja that was spiked with embalming fluid, and also had alcohol in him at the time, wack two experienced combat vets with two different calibre handguns? If this story is accurate I suppose he had to headshot each of them at the same time right off the bat, dual wielding the pistols. All shots where to the back and back of skull. Testimony in court said that the two were texting each other about the condition of the perp as being nuts. Would you take a stoned and drunk insane person to the range and provide arms and ammunition? One may get the idea that this guy is taking the fall for a hit. Then again, maybe being stoned on pot and embalming fluid as well as drunk turns you into Carlos Hathcock?

LAGC
02-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Because he waited to shoot them until immediately after they had emptied their own magazines down-range. They had no real chance to resist.

It still flabbergasts me that they would even take someone like that to the range in the first place.

Chris Kyle actually TEXTED his buddy while driving to the range that "This guy is straight up nuts."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/12/us/american-sniper-chris-kyle-trial/index.html

They KNEW he was released fresh out of a mental hospital just 2 days prior.

Darwin Awards are made of this shit. And gun control laws too, unfortunately. :(

LAGC
02-15-2015, 05:29 PM
'I shot them because they wouldn't talk to me,'"

This is textbook schizophrenia, BTW. People hearing voices, even when people aren't really saying anything at all.

Once those voices suddenly stop, or don't say what the schizophrenic expects them to say, things get very unpredictable.

This kid had no business being around a weapon of any sort.

alismith
02-16-2015, 09:07 AM
This is textbook schizophrenia, BTW. People hearing voices, even when people aren't really saying anything at all.

Once those voices suddenly stop, or don't say what the schizophrenic expects them to say, things get very unpredictable.

This kid had no business being around a weapon of any sort.

This kid had no business being released from the mental facility.

Altarboy
02-16-2015, 09:34 AM
Embalming fluid? People get high on embalming fluid?

skorpion
02-16-2015, 10:05 AM
Because he waited to shoot them until immediately after they had emptied their own magazines down-range. They had no real chance to resist.
This is exactly why I carry a concealed handgun when at a shooting range.

skorpion
02-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Embalming fluid? People get high on embalming fluid?Dopers will get high on anything they can get their hands on. That's why they're lacking in the brain cells department.

Broondog
02-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Embalming fluid? People get high on embalming fluid?

back in my youth they called it Wac or Wack. you smoked a "dipper" (joint dipped in embalming fluid). i will admit that i smoked a dipper once with like 4 other people. a little pinner got us all seriously fucked up. totally altered my perception of everything. stairs went straight down (or up) and were narrow as a 2x4. the hood on my '75 Monte Carlo came to an abrupt point like a foot from the windshield (yes i drove.....BAD idea). i made it home and when my mom asked me what i was on i told her literally that if i lived i would tell her all about it and i headed off to my room to ride it out.

i was an avid stoner back in those days so being high was just part of life. THIS SHIT was off the charts!!

i cannot see how anyone could even shoot straight much less hit anything, or even two targets, multiple times. it's just not possible in my opinion. the idea of this guy being a fall guy for a professional hit holds more water.

Krupski
02-16-2015, 12:57 PM

Everyone knows this... nobody would argue this.....

...then legislators turn around and demand that schools be placed, by law, into the exact same situation... NO REAL CHANCE TO RESIST.

Ruskiegunlover
02-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Eh, I don't see a hit. WHY? To, maybe stop a movie? How did it work? What did it stop?

No, guy may have been high as hell, but he had some idea what he was doing. Close range, from behind. If he waited until they were done shooting, were reloading, both facing away from him, its totally possible.

NAPOTS
02-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Embalming fluid or a dipper refers to pcp. People actally smoking embalming fluid is a myth thats just slang for it.

5.56NATO
02-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Eh, I don't see a hit. WHY? To, maybe stop a movie? How did it work? What did it stop?

No, guy may have been high as hell, but he had some idea what he was doing. Close range, from behind. If he waited until they were done shooting, were reloading, both facing away from him, its totally possible.

I dunno, what did it profit them to wack these guys?
http://www.texasgopvote.com/issues/stop-big-government/gun-news-rifle-manufacturer-john-noveske-mysteriously-killed-shortly-after-005014
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/13/journalist-michael-hastings-was-investigating-cia-director-john-brennan-before-he-was-killed-in-fiery-car-crash/