PDA

View Full Version : Filed Deer Draw Application

Dan Morris
02-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Colorado DOW is now accepting draw applications. I just filed kids n myself a few minutes ago.....now we wait.
Dan

www.cpw.state.co.us

Full Otto
02-24-2015, 06:37 PM
Wow, good to see someone knock down the cobwebs and post a new thread
Hope you get it and hope to see some pics if you get there

Dan Morris
02-24-2015, 07:39 PM
I buy left over cow elk tag in August....just going an earlier season this year....last year a 14 below was miserable! Guess I'm getting older....LOL.
Dan

Dan Morris
03-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Now that Deer Apps are in, draw results should post by May 29. In the mean time, time to spend a lot of range time to get back where I once was..LOL. If no draw, there's always Elk...................
Dan

Schuetzenman
03-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Are deer scarce in CO? Back east a lot of states just sell you a hunting license for Deer at about any sporting goods or gun shop. These usually are good for taking multiple deer, sometimes 5 or more depending on the state. There is no filing for a drawing on Deer around here as far as I know. Damn things are everywhere. I've had them run through my back yard and I live in a subdivision. Found deer scat as well in the back yard.

Dan Morris
03-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Colorado went to draw tags on deer a few years ago......hunting has changed drastically in the last few years...loss of habitat to make room for more anti liberals and if they cut tags, it means more $$$$$$$$ from out of state hunters. Area we applied for, I saw a lot of deer last year. Habitat loss is probably the biggest factor. First, they went to 4 separate seasons....then the draw system....this limits the number of people in the field. A lot of folks still think of Co as a 'grail' state...also, if you don't hunt public land, this has become high peso industry! Still, a lot of us stick it out foe pure enjoyment.

Dan

Dan Morris
05-26-2015, 05:14 PM
OK, using back door access, kid n dad both drew deer tags...sadly, I gotta wait till the 29th to see sex.........will update.
Dan

Dan Morris
05-29-2015, 07:11 AM
OK, Marc and myself both drew doe tags, 3d rifle season.
Dan

Dan Morris
06-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Tags received today....that's about a month early! I've learned not to expect things!
Dam