PDA

View Full Version : WV lawmakers OK bill to not require concealed carry permit

El Duce
03-12-2015, 04:31 PM
http://www.wvva.com/story/28413926/2015/03/12/wv-lawmakers-ok-bill-to-not-require-concealed-carry-permit

I kind of have mixed feelings about this one. I was required to take an NRA safety course years ago. But, I also feel that this is my God Given right.

Either way. I will pay the fees to keep my concealed permit. This way, I can CCW at reciprocated states.

alismith
03-12-2015, 04:41 PM
I wonder how this "no permit required" law will affect out-of-staters?

jet3534
03-12-2015, 05:42 PM
I am proud to live in WV.

imanaknut
03-12-2015, 06:18 PM
I can't wait until the only permit or license required would be the second amendment, you know that pesky document signed into law as the supreme law of the land, the one that states keep and bear without the infringement of a license or permit!!! Then crossing state lines will be no big deal. In fact that is one of the things enumerated to the federal government by the constitution, keeping the states friendly with each other and not restricting travel across state lines.

Of course with the current government we have gotten, there is no supreme law of the land anymore.

davepool
03-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Why the mixed feelings? More freedom and less .gov intrusion is a good thing.

The state Sheriffs Association opposes the bill, saying it could let more dangerous people carry concealed weapons and take away permit money that helps local law enforcement.

This argument has been proven to be untrue in our state, an asshole contemplating armed robbery isn't going to bother with getting a permit to hide hie gun under a coat

skorpion
03-13-2015, 07:33 AM
Congrats to my WV neighbors!

imanaknut
03-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Why the mixed feelings? More freedom and less .gov intrusion is a good thing.

The state Sheriffs Association opposes the bill, saying it could let more dangerous people carry concealed weapons and take away permit money that helps local law enforcement.

This argument has been proven to be untrue in our state, an asshole contemplating armed robbery isn't going to bother with getting a permit to hide hie gun under a coat

You miss the point about that statement, it is about money just like almost all laws these days. The permit brings in money and that is what they are complaining about.

5.56NATO
03-13-2015, 01:34 PM
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

5.56NATO
03-13-2015, 02:08 PM
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

And a word from the brady campain;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OZOqxG39g&feature=player_embedded

davepool
03-13-2015, 02:12 PM
You miss the point about that statement, it is about money just like almost all laws these days. The permit brings in money and that is what they are complaining about.

Yep, i understand that point. When our constitutional carry law was proposed a few years ago, a good portion of the folks claiming there would be blood in the streets were instructors who taught and made a living conducting CCW classes. Their concern was that all of us untrained/licensed idiots would be shooting everything in sight ( hasn't happened). Training for any new gun owner is a great idea and i think the majority of folks will seek that out on their own without .gov demanding it.

CCW classes are still doing a booming business in AZ because like i said, most folks are pretty responsible when it comes to firearms.