PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmans Warehouse adding more knives

Richard Simmons
03-16-2015, 07:57 AM
Was in Sportsman's Warehouse Saturday perusing the knife counter and noticed some newer models in the display. Sometime last year they started carrying Zero Tolerance which is the flagship line for Kershaw but this Saturday I noticed that, at least in my store they are carrying Helle and Bark River. Helle knives are from Finland and quite nice. They follow the classic patterns with some nice looking birch handles and laminated steels. Almost bought one however the majority of their line is fixed blades but I was in the market for a folder so I passed. Bark River is made here in the USA and are also extremely nice. I've got three already. Didn't pick one of those up either as I already had the Bravo 1 that SW had in stock and BR makes nothing but fixed blades and as I said, was looking for a folder to add to the collection, Still it's nice to see them expanding their line and not with just cheaper stuff but high quality models.

Now if they would just work on their prices. I do most of my blade purchases there when models I'm interested in go on clearance, (that can take quite a while) or I rack up enough gift cards from my SW credit card to take the sting out of the asking price. If you're in the market for a new blade check them out. Worse case you're like me and the number of brick and mortar knife stores is few and far between so at least you can handle something in person even if you eventually order it off the internet someplace else.

ltorlo64
03-16-2015, 03:07 PM
There will be a Sportsman's Warehouse at my next duty station! I can't wait!

Richard Simmons
03-17-2015, 07:42 AM
I think you'll like it. We've also got a Gander Mountain and Sportsman's has a lot better prices on stuff then Gander does. At least on knives, guns, reloading stuff and ammo which is about all I buy there.