PDA

View Full Version : The good news, the bad news

PROBASCO
03-21-2015, 08:42 PM
So the wife bought a few scratcher lottery tickets and yeah she got lucky (besides being married to me) $75,000 to be exact. I was fairly tickled because I had a couple things on my "to buy" list. Of course the bad news came when they stole 1/3 ($24,950) of it for state and federal "taxes", which they obviously "earned" by their very existence and "needed" because of their wasteful spending enforced by their mob rule. The good news, I got a class 3 vest and a night vision rifle scope for starters. The other good part, is we were about 4 months from being debt free, so that process is now done and we still have a chunk of change left for a nice vacation. I am thankful, and so lucky, to be white otherwise this never would have happened right?

imanaknut
03-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Thank you for contributing to easing the government debts!!!

And congrats on winning $50,000!!!!!!

L1A1Rocker
03-21-2015, 09:04 PM
That's GREAT news!!!

N/A
03-21-2015, 09:06 PM
As far as being white, I'm surprised Orygun doesn't have a reparations law. You would have owed an additional $24.95

Schuetzenman
03-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Congrats. Did you get Gen 3 night vision?

Darrell
03-22-2015, 01:37 AM
That's awesome.

But they took 1/3... Holy crap...

Still awesome though... Congrats.

alismith
03-22-2015, 06:00 AM
Congrats! That's good news.

It's been claimed that the odds are better getting struck by lightning than winning the lottery.

I guess the bad news is that you have a lightning strike to look forward to in the near future...:wow:

rci2950
03-22-2015, 06:32 AM
Congrats you lucky bugger!

i wold like to see pics of the scope mounted when you get around to it.

jakebrake
03-22-2015, 07:00 AM
I thought it was higher than that with state and fed taxes.

congrats!

Tomac yokctep
03-22-2015, 07:46 AM
...and at the end of the year that money will be added to your gross income and you will pay more taxes because it puts you in a higher bracket .

TEN-32
03-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Igor needs new shoes. :laugh:

N/A
03-22-2015, 08:20 AM

And now he cam add a collectible purple shotty w/gold plated chain to the arsenal.

TEN-32
03-22-2015, 08:21 AM
And now he cam add a collectible purple shotty w/gold plated chain to the arsenal.

Stained mattress optional. LOL.

03-22-2015, 08:46 AM
I take comfort in knowing your $24,950 will be well spent.

Phil125
03-22-2015, 10:38 AM

If it makes you feel better Probasco 25 grand roughly is the pay for a Corporal in the Army for year. So think of it as you won the lottery and you took care of a soldier and his family for a year. I could live with that.

Schuetzenman
03-22-2015, 10:55 AM
If it makes you feel better Probasco 25 grand roughly is the pay for a Corporal in the Army for year. So think of it as you won the lottery and you took care of a soldier and his family for a year. I could live with that.

Problem is they'll use it to buy more Obama phones to hand out to toothless .... well, you know.

Phil125
03-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Problem is they'll use it to buy more Obama phones to hand out to toothless .... well, you know.

Probably but I had to try to make him feel better about it.

Partisan1983
03-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Congrats man!!!

03-22-2015, 11:58 AM

Good news there, although it would be nice if Probasco could choose his choice of charity rather than .gov demanding it handed over.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Lucky dog! Congrats, Need pics of the vest and night vision!

El Laton Caliente
03-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Cool, all I ever do is donate to the winners...

El Duce
03-22-2015, 12:31 PM
Wow!! Congratulations!! Even with the taxes. Shoot, be happy for yourself. I am happy for you!!

Cypher
03-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Awesome dude. That is a really nice surprise. Would you rather have $0 or $50,000 and pay $25,000 in taxes? :)

If it makes you feel better people that make big bucks get taxed that much and more just for the privilege of working hard to make more money.

That is true what was said above, unless your house hold income is very low that will probably put you in a higher tax bracket and your day income may be taxed more, probably not a whole lot more but you may end up with another 5% or so going to taxes at the end of the year. It would be a good idea to talk to an accountant, pay an hourly rate for consulting, well worth $50 or whatever, and they should be able to give you an idea if you will need to pay more at the end of the year. Or if you are used to getting a nice few K return it might be a lot smaller.

As much as how high the tax rates are pisses me off we have to pay them and make preparations, even if it means putting the tax money in a account and not thinking about it until tax time, penalties can add up, not worth pissing around when it comes to paying taxes.

PROBASCO
03-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Congrats. Did you get Gen 3 night vision? no gen 1
thinking about a flir as well

PROBASCO
03-22-2015, 10:53 PM
25 fed, 8% state
I thought it was higher than that with state and fed taxes.

congrats!

PROBASCO
03-22-2015, 10:56 PM
My company so I can control how much I make. but its the wife income and she is on SS which is unaffected by lottery winnings thank
god

Awesome dude. That is a really nice surprise. Would you rather have $0 or $50,000 and pay $25,000 in taxes? :)

If it makes you feel better people that make big bucks get taxed that much and more just for the privilege of working hard to make more money.

That is true what was said above, unless your house hold income is very low that will probably put you in a higher tax bracket and your day income may be taxed more, probably not a whole lot more but you may end up with another 5% or so going to taxes at the end of the year. It would be a good idea to talk to an accountant, pay an hourly rate for consulting, well worth $50 or whatever, and they should be able to give you an idea if you will need to pay more at the end of the year. Or if you are used to getting a nice few K return it might be a lot smaller.

As much as how high the tax rates are pisses me off we have to pay them and make preparations, even if it means putting the tax money in a account and not thinking about it until tax time, penalties can add up, not worth pissing around when it comes to paying taxes.

PROBASCO
03-22-2015, 10:57 PM
its heavy so it came right back off, but next month i plan on going out to sight it in
Congrats you lucky bugger!

i wold like to see pics of the scope mounted when you get around to it.

PROBASCO
03-22-2015, 11:00 PM
funny guy, knowing full well it will be wasted is the only thing that bothers me. There is nothing but debt spending from this government

Justin
03-23-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm very happy for you Probasco. Man if I had that kind of money, I'd be tempted to make a down payment for a house in Florida with canal access to the Ocean. I'm still trying to make that dream a reality of mine. I hope that you enjoy your winnings, and that it brings happiness to you and your wife.

Gunner1558
03-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Congrats!

As for the 1/3... The cost of doing business.

I gave up that much of every paycheck, and at the and of the year I got back a couple of grand.

Very happy for you. Enjoy! And in the emporer's state, the blacks are almost the only ones who can afford to buy lottery tickets... It's just a way for the state to get welfare ,money back!

No racial aspersions intended or cast, just the truth being told.

Again, enjoy, it's good to see someone deserving win!

PROBASCO
03-23-2015, 05:35 PM
thanks for all the good wishes guys. I am looking for, so if you see one, a zombie rental agency. You know like zombies R-Us so I can get some practice in for the coming apocalypse.

Helen Keller
03-23-2015, 07:28 PM
:thumbspbig:

:lool:

If I had $50,000 , I could cash out and just go work at walmart or wacdonalds being a dick .

Krupski
03-23-2015, 09:39 PM

Ha! I laughed out loud and woke up my daughter. She asked me "what's so funny". I told her "it's hard to explain". :)

alismith
03-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Congrats!

As for the 1/3... The cost of doing business.

I gave up that much of every paycheck, and at the and of the year I got back a couple of grand.

Very happy for you. Enjoy! And in the emporer's state, the blacks are almost the only ones who can afford to buy lottery tickets... It's just a way for the state to get welfare ,money back!

No racial aspersions intended or cast, just the truth being told.

Again, enjoy, it's good to see someone deserving win!

No need to apologize for telling the truth, anymore. The two PC censors are gone.

Helen Keller
03-24-2015, 03:40 PM
I'd give a pair of shoes to Igor...

made of fly ash. :D