PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Glock mag update: ‘We screwed up’

Gunreference1
04-16-2015, 08:51 PM
http://www.guns.com/2015/04/16/magpul-glock-mag-update-we-screwed-up/

Steve

Schuetzenman
04-16-2015, 09:01 PM
I saw these on Brownell's web site and was thinking about getting a pair of them. Good thing I waited. With no metal lining I was waiting on feedback to verify they were trouble free. Never purchase first model year stuff.

FunkyPertwee
04-16-2015, 09:13 PM
I saw these on Brownell's web site and was thinking about getting a pair of them. Good thing I waited. With no metal lining I was waiting on feedback to verify they were trouble free. Never purchase first model year stuff.

“Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4, 2015,” Fitzpatrick said. “These will be date coded 5/15 and later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower and floor plate with the new body.”

Customers who ordered magazines from Magpul, Brownells and Midway will be shipped replacement magazine bodies automatically. If you bought from those companies you’re in the clear, all you have to do is wait. People who purchased their magazines locally will be able to pick up free replacement parts from the stores they bought from and of course, Magpul customer service will tackle this on a case-by-case basis if need be.

You would have been fine. May 4 isn't very far away.

Not being a Gen 1 product tester is still god advice though.

l921428x
04-16-2015, 10:50 PM
That x10 Schuetz!