PDA

View Full Version : Seven Days and Counting!

El Duce
10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Well, as luck would have it. I have next Saturday off. First day of bow hunting! Gonna get off work on Friday at one. Head to camp. Have some time to myself. Hunt Saturday mornig. Then go to my Son's football game. Life couldn't get any better. Well, my in-laws are gonna be here for the weekend.

I haven't hunted first day in about five years. So, I am stoked!

HDR
10-09-2010, 08:33 PM
El Duce's yearly deer season is opening soon announcement..

Good luck and as always we expect pictures. ;)

PS, there is a nice 8 point and his harem who are in my yard every morning and many evenings.

:D

alismith
10-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Good luck with the deer hunting. I haven't gone bow hunting since high school (42 years ago). The last time I went, I shot at a buck (18 pointer) and missed. He went off into the woods and started snorting at me. I climbed down the tree and figured I could snort like that; so I did. I used my bow and made a lot of noise, like a buck thrashing in the bushes. I guess I did it too well. He came charging through the woods like a cape buffalo. I decided, since my bow shooting skills weren't that good, that the better part of survival was to run. I ran out of the woods and about 75 yards into the field. The deer came out about 30 yards behind me, scented me and stopped, turned around and went back into the woods. My brother was at the car and saw it all. He was laughing so hard, he nearly wet his pants.

I decided my bow hunting days were over and haven't gone since. If I go now, I make sure I have a rifle. Screw a bow.

Hope your opening day is super successful. There's nothing like opening day.

aliceinchains
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I hope you bag one. I am in your corner get some venison.

HDR
10-09-2010, 09:48 PM
He usually does.. :D

Altarboy
10-10-2010, 08:19 AM
I have a crossbow but I'm waiting for muzzleloading season. I just don't get that many close enough to hit with a bow. Guess my stand is a little too far off the trail.