PDA

View Full Version : Ithaca Model 37 Riot/trench guns

Richard Simmons
04-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Always liked the looks and features of the M37, particularly the short barreled versions but have never owned one. Anyone have one they can discuss and or post some photos of? IIRC they make a lightweight version and I've heard those have a pretty good "kick" to them.

Helen Keller
04-22-2015, 07:52 PM
i've owned about 5 of them in various models.

the 'featherweight' with an 18" barrel rocks you pretty good with any load.

cevulirn
04-23-2015, 12:01 AM
On my want list.

El Laton Caliente
04-23-2015, 12:49 AM
I grew up hunting with Grandpa's 37 Feather Weight... I found one just like it a few years ago and bought it at a show. I hit better with a 37 than any shotgun I've shot before or since including some high ends at the clays range. Don't know why, but it just "fits" me...

shorthair
04-23-2015, 04:59 AM
I have a M37 12G Featherlight slam fire, 18 1/4" CB bbl, Mag-na-ported, Sun Burst butt pad, Sage International Ghost Ring, Tritium front sight.

The best slug gun for deer hunting. It was found in a lean to garage, receiver is pitted but the bore was fine. I had it re blued, I refinished the stock and used True Oil. I have looked for years for another barrel at fun shows but no luck. I have been thinking about adding a Heat Shield for giggles.

It's actually fun to shoot. No muzzle rise. Before the Mag-na-port and Sunburst Butt Pad it had a kick...So bad a friend would not shoot it twice.:roflmao:

Schuetzenman
04-23-2015, 06:22 AM
Never owned or shot one. They bottom eject right?

Richard Simmons
04-23-2015, 07:38 AM

Yes, load and eject out the bottom. That's one of the features I thought was interesting. I guess in some situations it would be of benefit such as shooting up a against a right side barricade.

Richard Simmons
04-23-2015, 07:39 AM
I have a M37 12G Featherlight slam fire, 18 1/4" CB bbl, Mag-na-ported, Sun Burst butt pad, Sage International Ghost Ring, Tritium front sight.

The best slug gun for deer hunting. It was found in a lean to garage, receiver is pitted but the bore was fine. I had it re blued, I refinished the stock and used True Oil. I have looked for years for another barrel at fun shows but no luck. I have been thinking about adding a Heat Shield for giggles.

It's actually fun to shoot. No muzzle rise. Before the Mag-na-port and Sunburst Butt Pad it had a kick...So bad a friend would not shoot it twice.:roflmao:

That's different looking with those sights. Love the way the wood turned out!

shorthair
04-23-2015, 07:54 AM
It could be called ugly, but I like the look. Because of my trouble seeing regular sights I went to Ghost Ring. It was pitted too bad to make it look pretty So I made it Bad Ass.

The guy owed me ninety bucks...and he had no money. He was glad to retire the debt.

NAPOTS
04-23-2015, 11:23 PM

You are missing out, out of the Ithaca 37, Remington 870, and mossberg 590, The Ithaca is the most solid and quality feeling pump of the bunch.

Helen Keller
04-24-2015, 07:10 PM
and can be slicked up like a cowboy gun.

Pikeman
06-22-2015, 09:49 AM
Aside from its practical uses, its also fun to hold the trigger and pump away on the older models.:thumbspbig:

shorthair
06-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Ha Ha