PDA

View Full Version : Churchill County, NV - Gun ordinance causes a stir

Gunreference1
10-09-2010, 10:20 PM
BY Stephanie Carroll
October, 9 2010 3:30 pm

Gun ordinance causes a stir

Lahontan Valley News and Fallon Eagle Standard

The chambers were packed with concerned citizens Thursday at the Churchill County Commissioner meeting, where a proposal for a gun restriction ordinance received strong opposition from both the public and commissioners.

“I'm certain that an ordinance such as the one that is proposed goes way too far, and it is an infringement on our Second Amendment rights,” said James Smack, chairman of the Churchill County Republican Central Committee.

Richard A. Hintz, manager of Self Stor, requested the county develop an ordinance that would prohibit the discharge of a rifle, gun, or pistol within 5,000 feet of an occupied dwelling, or a shotgun, BB gun or pellet gun within 1,000 feet of people. He added that violators found guilty could be fined from $100 to $1,000 and or sentenced to six months in jail.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/article/20101009/NEWS/101009867/1001&parentprofile=104

Steve

Penguin
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM
5,000 feet?! That is almost a mile.

crapshoot
10-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a typical kommiefornia transplant.

I don't think this will fly in Fallon. Most of the farmers out there have fucking goats in the beds of their trucks and guns in the window gunracks.

And the BEST gunshop in the world is located in Fallon. Frontier Liquor and Sporting Goods. It's a liquor store/gun store. It would make most men mess up their shorts.

old Grump
10-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Hintz said his request was based on a personal problem with having guns shot near and over his business, which causes customers to complain about loud sounds from pellets falling on the tin roofs. Hintz said he has contacted the Churchill County Sheriff's Office, but the problem persists.Jumping on the unfairness of the proposal is alright but nobody is paying attention to the root problem and why he is over reacting. Sounds to me like some old fashioned woodshed discipline and confiscation of pellet guns would put a bandaid on this problem. Now he has just ensured he will look like an anti-gun nut and that can't be good for his business.

elkydriver
10-10-2010, 05:02 PM
LOTS of rednecks in Fallon, no way in hell will that fly.

aliceinchains
10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
“I'm not taking this ordinance lightly,” Hintz said. “I don't want anybody to think I'm an anti-gun person. It's not to take away your guns. It's not to take away anyone's guns.”

Right , and if you can't use them then what is this guys point.

RogerLee
10-24-2010, 02:07 AM
There are already state laws on the books, so this won't go any where. Also, the local nick name of frontier store is "brews and bullets". I know the owner before he retired and let his son and law run it. Wish he didn't retired, the store was better and friendlier with Ron running it.
I live here in churchill county. Lots of freedom for off road stuff, like shooting, 4x4ing, atving, and hunting. I really love it here but the bad side is there alot of pot and meth heads here. Also there is getting alot of californians moving in and fucking things up.