PDA

View Full Version : A Man and His Carry Gun, What it Says About You

old Grump
10-10-2010, 02:15 PM
A Man and His Carry Gun, What it Says About You

There are lots of choices out there for carry guns, and because each gun is a personal choice your carry gun is a statement, whether or not you feel it is. It says something about you.

What you think it says: “I am suave, sophisticated pistolero that will only carry the finest in defensive handguns.”
What it actually says: “I really enjoy buying spare parts and endlessly testing magazines to make sure they work with my archaic firearm.”

Glock
What you think it says: “I am a serious shooter, dedicated to my sport and self defense and so I carry the most popular firearm in law enforcement.”
What it actually says: “I didn’t want to do any actual research before buying a gun, so I just bought this hunk of plastic.”

Smith & Wesson M&P
What you think it says: “I am a smart shooter! While I value the durability and lightweight of the polymer pistols, you should be able to customize your firearm for your hand size, which is why I carry an M&P.”
What it actually says: “The store was out of Glocks and the guy said this was like a Glock only better.”

Sig
What you think it says: “I am an elite shooter. This is the weapon of choice of Navy SEALs, and that means it’s awesome, so I’M AWESOME.”
What it actually says: “Long trigger pulls are okay with me! First shot accuracy isn’t important anyway, it’s all about volume of fire!”

HK
What you think it says: “Carrying this pistol means I’m serious about pistol-craft! I am a civilian WARRIOR.”
What it actually says: “I suck, and my gun hates me.”

Revolvers
What you think it says: “This is a more elegant weapon from a more civilized age; I am a connoisseur of firearms akin to the Jedi Knights and their lightsabers.”
What it actually says: “I have trouble counting past six, and having a lot of ammo in a gunfight isn’t that important to me.”

A Taurus
What you think it says: “While budget conscious, I am able to spot a deal on a quality firearm and take advantage of it.”
What it actually says: “Herp-derp.”

Stolen shamelessly from somebody else. Shameless because I forgot who I stole it from. I agree with all of it except the part about the 1911, How dare he say negative things about the best sidearm ever issued? How dare he?

matshock
10-10-2010, 02:32 PM
You forgot Hi Point:

What you think it says: "Equality and power to the people!"

What it actually says: "That's not mine officer!"

O.S.O.K.
10-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Hmmm, are you hanging around Frugals? Hmmm?

raxar
10-10-2010, 06:39 PM
You forgot Hi Point:

What you think it says: "Equality and power to the people!"

What it actually says: "That's not mine officer!"

there are a ton of them for hi points

What you think it says: "I trust any company that stands behind it's products"

What it actually says: "I wanted a cordless drill but mom says they're too dangerous."

What you think it says: "It offers me protection at a price I can afford"

What it actually says: "My gunshop started excepting food stamps."

Helen Keller
10-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Kel-TEc

What you think it says: WOW, a compact carry gun at a great price, WOW! Better than sliced bread.

What it actually says: Bull Fucking Shit! Mine has a total factory repair time of 4 months.

What I say: BLOW ME KEL-TEC!

Helen Keller
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
SHould be called FUK-TEC cause the shit operates like it was built by a fuckin monkey.

old Grump
I didn't forget Hi-Point because I didn't write it. I don't have much to say about the others but they shouldn't have disrespected the 1911.

yankeedog
Herp-derp.” ???

ltorlo64
10-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I didn't forget Hi-Point because I didn't write it. I don't have much to say about the others but they shouldn't have disrespected the 1911.

Agree. The 1911 is my favorite handgun.

That's not mine officer.:roflmao:

Dan Morris
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
My CC is a 1911A1......open is either a M19 or 28 Smith......all have been used by me for 45+ years. Should they ever be needed, I have total confidence they will perform as always.
Funny, when I'm at the range, all the new troops want to shoot my old stuff rather than what they are issued! Course, I never have been a opinion mandated dude....LOL
Dan

AKTexas
10-10-2010, 09:01 PM
My conceal carry varies.

G23 everyday
G27 shorts
LCP dressed
1911 winter time SOB with my jacket

HDR
10-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Agree. The 1911 is my favorite handgun.

:roflmao:

Combat can be a progressive event. As the rifle is the primary weapon; you carry more ammo for it. The pistol is the secondary weapon so you carry less ammo for it. When the rifle runs out of ammunition you switch to the pistol. When the pistol runs out the 1911 is best club.

;) ;) ;)

awp101
10-10-2010, 09:26 PM
When the pistol runs out the 1911 is best club.
Have you forgotten what I used in my sig line for years?

The Python may be the better combat arm but when you run out of bullets, nothing screams pistol whip like an N Frame!

:lool:

JVD
10-10-2010, 09:50 PM
???

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3144/retardhorseherpderpxlar.jpg
pretty much this lol.

I don't think anything is wrong with Taurus! My PT1911 works well enough.

American Rage
10-10-2010, 10:01 PM
My pecker is so big, I personally only need to carry a BB gun.

Rage

AK_Apostle
10-11-2010, 04:28 AM
I pack a S&W 38 nickel plated snubby. I believe a carry piece should have flash not be black to make it easy for a perp to see and warn him you have a gun in your hand to protect yourself.

Krupski
10-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Stolen shamelessly from somebody else. Shameless because I forgot who I stole it from. I agree with all of it except the part about the 1911, How dare he say negative things about the best sidearm ever issued? How dare he?

I was gonna flip you the finger for posting bad comments about the 1911 until I read that you felt the same way. :)

Krupski
10-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Combat can be a progressive event. As the rifle is the primary weapon; you carry more ammo for it. The pistol is the secondary weapon so you carry less ammo for it. When the rifle runs out of ammunition you switch to the pistol. When the pistol runs out the 1911 is best club.

;) ;) ;)

I tried to stuff an AK in my pants, but it prints...

O.S.O.K.
10-11-2010, 08:45 AM
I pack a S&W 38 nickel plated snubby. I believe a carry piece should have flash not be black to make it easy for a perp to see and warn him you have a gun in your hand to protect yourself.

Does it have pink mother of pearl grips? :lool: JK

AK_Apostle
10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Does it have pink mother of pearl grips? :lool: JK

Naw it was my mothers revolver, she carried it in her purse up until her eighties.http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/ak-medicine/SW.jpg

O.S.O.K.
10-11-2010, 12:18 PM
A nice one! Thanks for posting the pic :)

The pink MOP grips would make it more visible to the perps though.... :D

nfa1934
10-11-2010, 01:30 PM

I'm kinda' partial to the opposite mindset. The first indication they should have that I'm armed is when they feel bullet impact.
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/nfa1934/DSCN1854.jpg

Seriously though, my carry piece varies seasonally. Warm weather is either a S&W 340PD or a ParaOrdnance C6.45 depending on what I'm wearing. Winter carry is a SIG P220.

old Grump
10-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Personally I don't have anything against any of them. If they go bang, hit what I am shooting at and function reliably I am a happy camper. A 1911 just feels more natural in my hand and always did. Browning Medalist also felt good in my hand but I could afford a S&W M41 and not the medalist, I am satisfied. I doubt the Browning would have let me shoot any better.

Had a guy complain about his Argentine 1911, said it didn't shoot worth a damn. I found it shot high right inside the 10 ring with those old god awful combat sights. Not sure what his problem was. Goes bang, I like it, hits what I'm aiming at, I like it a lot. Some of us are easy to please.

O.S.O.K.
10-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Thread hijack:

Grump - what's Wi-FORCE? (from you Sig line)

Oh - never mind - googled it - Wisconsin NRA group.

I thought maybe it was some kind of video game lol

AK_Apostle
10-12-2010, 02:35 AM
A nice one! Thanks for posting the pic :)

The pink MOP grips would make it more visible to the perps though.... :D

Your welcome on the picture O.S.O.K. Heres what I need to buy for it. Crimson trace grips.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/ak-medicine/SWModel36JFrame.jpg

O.S.O.K.
10-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, you're right, a stabbing red light would be even more visable than pink lusterous grips.... :D

circuits
10-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Just remember, the Glock is the handgun John Moses Browning WOULD have designed, if he'd lived into the 1970's. Sure, the 1911 is a nice pistol, but anyone who claims JMB can do no wrong should be carrying a hipower, instead.