PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the range with the kids.

AKTexas
07-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Range trip today with the kids.

Taking the new Browning 1895 30-06,ruger MKIII, and S&W 686.Easy recovery of brass and some good fun.

See you guys later on.

sniper_n_training
07-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Have fun man!

Moebrown20
07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Don't forget the photos!!!

AKTexas
07-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Just got back,surprisingly busy for a Sunday and hotter than hell.The temperature was 97 degrees and no breeze or cloud cover.Today was not the typical crowd, today was bring a douche-bag shooting day. Most of the guys out there were talking out their asses showing off to impress their buddies and gal pals.

GF forgot the camera,so you have use your imagination.

I brought out the 1895 and as suspected started out good. 3 Shot groups yielded a 1" group open sights with a 150 gr bullets @100 yards, the 4th and 5th shots opened up to about 4". I was told that this rifle likes 168gr hollow-point boat tails.I'll set up to load these to test and from I have read this rifle does better with heavier bullets.

My Son and Daughter shot the MK-III 7 yards off hand open sights 60 rounds of federal bulk pack and every shot was in the bull.My kiddos were out shooting the adults around us.If we needed wild game my kids could go out and bring home a rabbit or two for dinner.Very proud papa here.

My girl friend has taken to shooting so well, she does better than the ex did after several years of me helping her.The GF has only been shooting for about a year with me.She really enjoys my 686 and prefers it over her PT-99 so I guess she has claimed it as hers now.

The heat got to us so we left a little early as the place began to get busier with more douche-bags.

I did see two mishandling of firearms that made my ass pucker the range master quickly corrected the behavior before it went too far.

A bad shooting is better than no shooting at all.

chiak47
07-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Most of the guys out there were talking out their asses showing off to impress their buddies and gal pals.

I bite my tongue when those guys are around.
I had a guy tell me one day that my AK shot the same ammo as the StG 44...Except he didn't know the name of it.
He also told me that my XD9 could be concealed past airport security undetected....
His wife and kids were eating up his vast knowledge. I just shook my head in agreement for the whole 5 minutes of enlightening conversation.

I could go on and on what asshats have schooled me on but I'd rather not rehash the shit they spewed.

AKTexas
07-18-2010, 04:49 PM
I bite my tongue when those guys are around.
I had a guy tell me one day that my AK shot the same ammo as the StG 44...Except he didn't know the name of it.
He also told me that my XD9 could be concealed past airport security undetected....
His wife and kids were eating up his vast knowledge. I just shook my head in agreement for the whole 5 minutes of enlightening conversation.

I could go on and on what asshats have schooled me on but I'd rather not rehash the shit they spewed.

I say nothing to those guys unless they approach me with some half-ass idea that they can school me in something I have been doing for 30 years. I don't know everything and I'm always willing to learn from others.

The guys I respect and take advice from are the old guys and vets that do not share their negative opinions on the AK or anything that is not a lever or bolt gun.I like the guys that walk up asked what I'm shooting,give a complement on my groups etc.I get lots of offers to shoot some neat stuff and I do the same when someone is curious about my firearms.I get that a lot with the Thompson any of my AK's and the Vepr always get questions at the range.

I had a guy tell that the only thing my AK was good for was killing.I asked what his winchester 30/30 was good for...Paddling a boat?He shut the hell up and left me alone.

old Grump
07-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Glad you had a good day, loved your response:

I had a guy tell that the only thing my AK was good for was killing.I asked what his winchester 30/30 was good for...Paddling a boat?He shut the hell up and left me alone.

Had a woman tell me the same thing about my Dan Wesson 357. I just smiled and nodded and quietly bit my tongue. Your answer was better than what I wanted to say.

AKTexas
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Glad you had a good day, loved your response:

Had a woman tell me the same thing about my Dan Wesson 357. I just smiled and nodded and quietly bit my tongue. Your answer was better than what I wanted to say.

I try to keep it civil when everyone at the range is armed.