PDA

View Full Version : Biden says Democrats will 'shock' everyone in midterms

chiak47
07-18-2010, 01:40 PM
At least he's optimistic.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.0cc4a694b9a5e1dfeb575b3343e2bc7 4.c51&show_article=1

Biden says Democrats will 'shock' everyone in midterms

Vice President Joe Biden brushed aside suggestions on Sunday that Democrats will suffer big losses in November midterm elections, vowing that Barack Obama's governing party will "shock the heck out of everybody."

Speaking on the ABC News program "This Week," Biden dismissed prevailing wisdom that Democrats, 17 months into Obama's transformative residency in the White House, would suffer a drubbing at the hands of salivating Republicans.

"I don't think the losses are going to be bad at all," Biden said. "I think we're going to shock the heck out of everybody."

Biden said he was "confident when people take a look at what has happened since we've taken office in November and comparing it to the alternative, we're going to be in great shape."

The vice president said he believes the Obama administration will get credit from voters for helping guide the economy out of recession and passing key legislation on health care and financial reform.

"It's just going to take time," Biden said.

"The election is not until November. And I think we're going to have to firmly make our case."

Obama has launched into campaign mode in recent weeks, hoping to transform the spectacular grassroots support from Democrats and independent voters which propelled him to the presidency in 2008 into a full-bodied platform for his party in the upcoming congressional races.

In a swing through western states earlier this month, Obama sought to brand Republicans as extreme and incompetent, reminding voters the party were in charge when the economy pitched into the deepest recession since the 1930s.

"I think we can make it and especially in the context of who's going to be opposing us," Biden said Sunday.

"Compared to the alternative, I think we're going to get a fair amount of credit by November and I think we're going to do fine."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell meanwhile Sunday insisted voters see the ballooning national debt as a key concern over any achievement from Obama, as he dismissed criticism of Republican obstructionism -- most recently for opposition to extending insurance for the millions of out-of-work Americans.

"We're all for extending unemployment insurance, the question is, when are we going to get serious... about the debt," McConnell said on CNN's "State of the Union" program.

Voters, he said, are most concerned for the trillion-dollar budget deficit, and slammed the Obama White House for going on a "gargantuan spending spree."

The Democrat's House Majority Leader, Steny Hoyer, however urged a focus on a positive election year, calling to a move beyond the ongoing debate over racism in the conservative "Tea Party" movement that has divided voters.

"What we need to be doing is talking about the issues and solutions and what happened in the past to get us in the ditch we are in," Hoyer told CNN.

"If we do that, this will be a positive election. If we try to inflame differences and create division, that will not be positive and that's what some are doing."

The Tea Party, a mostly conservative grass roots revolt against Obama administration economic and health reform policies, has electrified the Republican Party base ahead of the November elections.

Biden earlier came to the defense of his political foes in the conservative movement, saying that while "some of the Tea Party folks expressed racist views" he added that he "wouldn't characterize the Tea Party as racist."

El Jefe
07-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Plugs has got a hold of some good shit. Nothing funnier than a stoned idiot speaking to the press.

L1A1Rocker
07-18-2010, 01:47 PM
No telling how many felones they have lined up to vote a Dem ticket in. He may be right.

Paladin
07-18-2010, 01:48 PM
"Are you asking about Vice President Biden?" McChrystal says with a laugh. "Who's that?"

NAPOTS
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Lets shock everyone by voting those yahoo's the hell out of office.

O.S.O.K.
07-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Well, we are on to their black panther strategy - ditto on the SEU.

I think we're going to see a lot of tea party folks working the polls... and watching. We are organizing.

Biden is a fool with a mouth.

ksuguy
07-18-2010, 02:24 PM
If they do, it will be because of the republican's complete lack of a clue. Those assholes just don't get it either.

alismith
07-18-2010, 02:31 PM
You have to remember that this is coming from a guy who said he still stopped by a local restaurant, frequently, to have his morning coffe. And, when the press checked the story out, the restaurant had been closed for 20 years.

He's not smart enough to be called an idiot.

raxar
07-18-2010, 02:40 PM
You have to remember that this is coming from a guy who said he still stopped by a local restaurant, frequently, to have his morning coffe. And, when the press checked the story out, the restaurant had been closed for 20 years.

in all fairness he could have brought the coffee from home.

American Rage
07-18-2010, 03:09 PM
After legalizing 20 million mexicans, it just might be a cakewalk for the left come November.

Rage

Altarboy
07-18-2010, 03:14 PM
After legalizing 20 million mexicans, it just might be a cakewalk for the left come November.

Rage

Exactly.

matshock
07-18-2010, 03:27 PM

Rage

At least that's got more to do with the treason of Democrats than "Republicans" who are too good to vote for their candidates.

There's already a bunch of RINOs here sucking up Reid's lies about Sharon Angle and looking for an excuse to lose again just because they were too lazy to show up and vote for the RINO candidate in the primary.

Mark Ducati
07-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Optimistic? More like delusional!

imanaknut
07-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Yup, the republicans just don't understand what the people want, nominate unelectable candidates, then can't understand why they lose. Republicans need to wake up, find people who are true America loving and constitution understanding and not republicans in name only.

The republican party needs to listen to we the people, not the party leaders who are so drunk with stupidity they can't see reality. obama-messiah didn't win the election as much as the republicans gave it to him by nominating a person who was not representative of the majority of true republicans.

I am afraid Biden might be right if republicans don't return to the type of candidate that believes in what made this country great in the first place.

Lysander
07-18-2010, 04:35 PM
If they do, it will be because of the republican's complete lack of a clue. Those assholes just don't get it either.

This.

The best example I can give, locally at least, is the Georgia Governor's Race. The Republicans are fielding, and this is the truth, the following:

Former Insurance Commissioner, plagued with Ethics issues (including a major ongoing investigation).
A former Youth Minister, and admitted child molester (there is a letter written by him, to the parents of the then-16 year old girl, explaining his "special" relationship).
A former Georgia Rep also with ethics issues, including using State contracts to line his own pockets.
A former State Senator who, it was just discovered, never disclosed $280,000 in taxpayer money that went to fund his architecture firm.
And last, but not least, the Wannabe Sarah Palin who's single claim to fame is...nothing. As far as I can tell, her entire candidacy is a fluke. The woman's single greatest ability has been riding the coattails of others to get promoted to higher and higher office.

The Republicans just don't get it. I seriously think Biden is right.

chiak47
07-18-2010, 04:46 PM
The Republicans just don't get it. I seriously think Biden is right.

Both you and ksuguy are right on and I for one will never waste a vote on someone just because of their political party affiliation.

swampdragon
07-18-2010, 05:02 PM

THIS!

It's really sad too.

American Rage
07-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Especially if they give each mexican 6 votes each like they did in NY...

No shit! That event was a slap in the face of every American who believes in "one man, one vote!"

Rage

skorpion
07-19-2010, 07:45 AM
I think they left a few words out when Biden was quoted in the article. Here's what they were supposed to publish:

"I don't think the losses are going to be bad at all," Biden said. "I think we're going to shock the heck out of everybody when we continue to the next phase of our Nazi-style take-over of the U.S. Government."

L1A1Rocker
11-13-2010, 09:41 PM
So, was V.P. right?

weevil
11-13-2010, 09:45 PM
So, was V.P. right?

No, was, is, and always will be a total dumbass.

:biggrina:

Oswald Bastable
11-13-2010, 09:47 PM
So, was V.P. right?

Yes and no.

They did indeed shock the hell out of everyone, but I don't think is was quite the way Bidet was speaking of it. :D

O.S.O.K.
11-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Well, the dims were "shocking" yes. :D

HDR
11-13-2010, 10:39 PM

He was high on some good shit.

old Grump
11-13-2010, 10:43 PM
So, was V.P. right?Yep

Gunner1558
11-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Biden is a fool with a mouth.

Standard libtard.

Schuetzenman
11-14-2010, 09:55 AM
So, was V.P. right?

This is a rethorical question right?

Otherwise I'd have to ask where were you or what drug induced haze were you on since Nov. 1, 2010?

Lastly, Biden is and always has been WRONG on any topic that I can recall during his political rein of stupidity. He is a magic 8 ball of prediction. If he says it's good, it will be very bad, if he says it's a win it will be a loss. You just have to understand that it's always opposite of what Biden says. I wonder if they drilled too deep when they did the hair plugs on him, maybe it's brain damage?

Paladin
11-14-2010, 12:23 PM
...I wonder if they drilled too deep when they did the hair plugs on him, maybe it's brain damage?

http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/biden_brain1.jpg

Blacksmith
11-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I think it is safe to say that this administration was truly clueless.

blacksheep
11-14-2010, 02:07 PM
At least he's optimistic.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.0cc4a694b9a5e1dfeb575b3343e2bc7 4.c51&show_article=1

Biden is a fucking Moron, nuff said.

Ppsh41
11-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Mr Smarmy was right about the election and the millions of 'shovel ready ' jobs (WTF is that?) comming this past summer thanks to the stimulus money.