PDA

View Full Version : Called Century yesterday 7/7

l921428x
07-08-2015, 12:00 PM
and started the process of sending my AK63D back for issues already discussed.
The lady said she would send an e-mail to get us going. None received.
Today 7/8 going to call again.

FunkyPertwee
07-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Damn. I've had really bad luck sending shit back to them in the past. One time the said they were going to redirect my call, and when the person picked up the phone it was a technician/scientist in nuclear power plant in some totally different part of the country. After I told him about the nature of my call, he became interested in my CETME, which needed repair, so I explained some basics about gun ownership in the US and piqued his interest in buying a semi-auto rifle. This was back in 2004. True story.

l921428x
07-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Wow. You ain't lying are ya?
Called again and got Jason Dressler. He resent the e-mail and expressed concern with me being able
to remove the gas tube latch. I would think so. Anyway received the email and will fax the info later today.
7/8 2 pm.

FunkyPertwee
07-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Wow. You ain't lying are ya?
Called again and got Jason Dressler. He resent the e-mail and expressed concern with me being able
to remove the gas tube latch. I would think so. Anyway received the email and will fax the info later today.
7/8 2 pm.

Nice. Keep us updated.

l921428x
07-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Yeah I will. I have the paperwork together. Copy of my D/L, copy of the sales invoice from Impactguns w/ serial no.
I will fax it to them tomorrow. He wants me to take the retainer plate out and put the Shepards crook back in. He also
made the comment that they might replace the rifle and I objected because it is so nice with the fits, furniture
and the sights are perfect. But if the rsb is not right, the hole for the gas tube latch too large, they might have to
switch out the rifle. I hope not. I hope someone just missed the pinning of the latch. He also said they would check the
bayo lugs and the receiver(dust) cover as it is slightly bent. That really wasn't a concern but I brought it up since I am
sending the rifle back.

l921428x
07-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Talked to Century today, 7/14, they have the fax from7/10 and will be sending me instructions
for shipment back to them. They seem to be a nice crew and interested in my satisfaction.

l921428x
07-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Ok I shipped the rifle on Monday and was received today, the 24th, by Century Arms.
We will see what happens.

l921428x
07-31-2015, 11:08 PM
Today was Friday the 31st, Century has had my rifle 1 week with no contact.

ltorlo64
08-01-2015, 05:30 AM
That is interesting. The one time I had to send a firearm in for repair was to Ruger. They called or e-mailed every day or so to let me know what was going on. I would think they would give you some information on a regular basis, even if to just let you know when to expect it back.

l921428x
08-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but I told the rep at Century I was in no hurry just do it right. We'll see.

FunkyPertwee
08-02-2015, 02:49 PM
That is interesting. The one time I had to send a firearm in for repair was to Ruger. They called or e-mailed every day or so to let me know what was going on. I would think they would give you some information on a regular basis, even if to just let you know when to expect it back.

Ruger is a class act business. Century arms, not so much....

Circle 10
08-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Hope everything turns out right for ya man.

l921428x
08-06-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm confident things will be fine, tomorrow is the 7th I am going to call them then.

l921428x
08-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Ruger is a class act business. Century arms, not so much....

One time I had to send a rifle back to Ruger and I had to involve the southeastern regional manager
to get things sorted out. That may have been one of the reasons Itorlo64 had such a good experience. :D

ltorlo64
08-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Had I known you were had helped I would have sent a card!

l921428x
08-07-2015, 09:17 AM
No biggie, maybe next time.

Called Century this morning, the service rep said to call back
Wed 8/12 as the rifle was being looked at and they should have
a full gunsmith report by then. Moving along nicely.

l921428x
08-13-2015, 06:19 AM
Ok I called Century on 8/12 and they informed me that my rifle shipped on
8/11. The lady in customer ser. said she had no gunsmith details and so she
could not tell me what had been done. The details were mailed with the rifle.
Hmm ok.
I didn't have time to talk with them yesterday, but I am definitely going to call them in
a couple of three hours and ask why they would send my rifle off into the blue without
letting me know that it was in the mail. To me this is stupid. They had no idea of
whether I would be home or not. It needs a signature but I have no idea of the hoops
I would have to go through to get it if no one is home, plus (it is supposed to be here 8/14)
I am to have the staples removed in my back Friday. My neighbor is going to look out
for UPS while I am gone. But damn.

10 am
Called Century and expressed my concern that they are shipping rifles and not letting
customers know. The ser. rep told me he tells the higher ups everytime someone says something
about this and he also told me this is why he tells people to call back every few days. So I told
him I was officially (lol) lodging a complaint and left my contact info.

I also called UPS and said my neighbor would, maybe, be signing for my package. At first
they wanted to give me some grief but after a discussion they pretty much said it would be ok.
So by this time tomorrow I should have my rifle and be able to, hopefully, tell you of
my pleasure with the results.

imanaknut
08-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Usually UPS just needs an adult signature. I had one package that I knew would be arriving when I would not be around forwarded to a friend who was home to sign for it. My local UPS didn't seem to have a problem with redirecting it.

l921428x
08-13-2015, 05:32 PM
They would not redirect mine and insisted it had to be signed for ON my property.
So I left my neighbor a signed note and my DL so the UPS guy could compare signatures
on the note and DL. I really don't mind as long as the driver does not give my neighbor grief.
The local UPS store is only 5 miles up the road. So if there is any BS I told my neighbor
to tell the driver to leave it there.

imanaknut
08-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Funny how different UPS locations operate under seemingly different rules. Either that or one manager is more human and has more compassion than another.

Good luck!

l921428x
08-13-2015, 11:07 PM
Yeah it was a strange conversation but I am ready to get my rifle back. Kinda excited.

l921428x
08-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Well I got the 63D back today. Well the bayo lug works, but the did not address the gas tube
locking bar at ALL! Took the rifle out of the packing, flipped up the tab for the gas tube lock
rotated it 45 degrees toward the front and pulled out the whole pin. It is the same one that was in there
when I sent the rifle to them to start. I marked it.
So to say I am disappointed is a very large understatement.

Helen Keller
08-14-2015, 03:36 PM
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/Rockyriver1234/AR15%20Stuff/CenturyArms.jpg

imanaknut
08-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear that they didn't completely fix the rifle. With all the hassles you have had, it might just be worth the price of finding someone local who knows enough about AKs to fix it for you assuming you can't do it yourself.

l921428x
08-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Yeah I feel ya. I am sure I could get a part from them. But hell all the smith's I know
have gotten out or just don't do it anymore. The right tools are the hold back for me, I can
do most things with my hands. Guess I could find a machine shop and pay them.
I told them a lot of people were going to have your opinion Helen.

l921428x
08-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Still can't decide what to do, I haven't found anyone so far, as far as a smith close to me.
I'll look again tomorrow.