PDA

View Full Version : Welp, I picked up the Marlin this morning.

El Jefe
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Dang I like this thing, it seems 10 kinds of over built for a .22. :)

No pics yet and I can't shoot it till this weekend, but I'll share something soon.

I also bought a brick of the Wolf match ammo to try. It'll be interesting to see how the Wolf stuff shoots in my different .22's. I was surprised my little neighborhood gun shop started carrying the Wolf 22 ammo.

aliceinchains
10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
That is great news Jefferson. With that heavier weight it should improve accuracy.Yeah i want to see a pic when you get the chance

ubersoldate
10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Nice! Think Im headed over to get a 22lr Lever action rifle this evening myself!

El Jefe
10-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Nice! Think Im headed over to get a 22lr Lever action rifle this evening myself!

Excellent. Did you decide on the Henry? I think your son and mine will both like the H001. Smooth action on those and I've not read anything negative about them. :)

AC, I'll try to get a pic posted tomorrow.:ylsuper:

ubersoldate
10-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Yup, had a "situation" at bass pro, and they gave me a nice little discount for the new rifle!
Gonna grab it tonight or tomorrow...

El Jefe
10-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Yup, had a "situation" at bass pro, and they gave me a nice little discount for the new rifle!
Gonna grab it tonight or tomorrow...

Good deal, :thumbsup:

O.S.O.K.
10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Lots of posts with pics and range reports coming..... :)

El Jefe
10-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Lots of posts with pics and range reports coming..... :)

Assuming I remember to take the camera to the range. By the time I get guns, ammo, targets, spotting scope, kids, snacks, drinks and whatever else in the truck, I'm lucky if I don't forget something. I'm just hoping it isn't raining this weekend so we can get to the range. :)

aliceinchains
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
You know the lever action rifles use to be really cheap in price.Not so anymore but they keep going up in value. A good rifle to collect and shoot.