PDA

View Full Version : I Have Joined the Ranks of the Dangerous People!

ltorlo64
10-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Got my Concealed Carry Permit! Now I suppose I should get a holster for my Glock 19 and learn how to dress with my shirt untucked.

I am also going to take a class on concealed carry. It was not required in Washington, but I think it is a good idea to do anyway.

hazmat
10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Congrats on making a HUGE decision. It will affect how you think and how you approach things.

slamfire51
10-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Congrats!!
Keep common sense at the fore front and leave your emotions at home.

O.S.O.K.
10-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Congrats! And the class is an excellent idea. I hope they run you through all fo the legal ramifications of using your deadly weapon. That is a big part of the required coursework here in Texas and it's very important to understand.

American Rage
10-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Got my Concealed Carry Permit! Now I suppose I should get a holster for my Glock 19 and learn how to dress with my shirt untucked.

I am also going to take a class on concealed carry. It was not required in Washington, but I think it is a good idea to do anyway.

What took you so long?

Rage

HDR
10-12-2010, 09:35 PM
What took you so long?

Rage

A friend of mine says because it comes up when they run your license or tag. :conf44:

lol

ubersoldate
10-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Congrats man!

Richard Simmons
10-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Congratulations :dancingsmile:

arcangel
10-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Thats good for you man, I got mine this summer, I also run a G19 and a Galco inside the pants suade leather holster most of the time, when its cold I run the Blackhawk Serpa and love both. Like others said keep your emotions at home, people WILL fuck with you, just gotta let it go. + on understanding your laws that could make or break a case should you ever have to pull. Good luck.

ltorlo64
10-13-2010, 10:46 PM
What took you so long?

Rage

Didn't have a weapon I could carry until recently. Like someone else posted in another thread, my 870 prints. When I got my G19 I lived in California. I was just lucky to get the pistol, much less actually carry it. Now I am moving to a friendlier state, so I got it.

az_paul
10-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Congrats!! The Glock 19 is an excellent carry gun. I have one of those metal belt clips on mine, so I don't have to use a holster. I believe Brownell's carries them.

Dan Morris
10-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Congrats!!

Key words.....do not get agressive just cause ya got it! This works for civs and LEO's too!
Dan

ltorlo64
10-14-2010, 10:55 PM
I am already fairly conservative in where I go. Don't go where I think trouble will be waiting and I have no urge to go looking for trouble now that I can be armed. I like the analogy that is used here about the seat belt. I use it in case someone else is stupid, not so I can be. I look at being armed the same way.

slamfire51
10-14-2010, 11:59 PM
I am already fairly conservative in where I go. Don't go where I think trouble will be waiting and I have no urge to go looking for trouble now that I can be armed. I like the analogy that is used here about the seat belt. I use it in case someone else is stupid, not so I can be. I look at being armed the same way.

That's what carrying is all about.
It's there IF you need it to defend yourself and/or others.
But doesn't make you or anyone 9' tall and bullet proof.

l921428x
10-15-2010, 03:54 AM

Your location sez you are in Kali? Good news for all, with your permit.

HDR
10-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Congrats!!

As a firearm isn't something to hide behind, leaving your emotions at home includes fear also.

ltorlo64
10-15-2010, 11:00 PM
As a firearm isn't something to hide behind, leaving your emotions at home includes fear also.

I have been in stressful situations, fires on board ship, floodings, steam leaks, and have handled the fear/stress fine and was able to do the job I am trained to do. While I have been in life or death situations, they have not included someone else trying to kill me. I have thought about it and believe I could make the proper decisions to protect other people and my family. Until I am actually in one though, I can only hope that I will continue to perform as I have in other situations. I also hope that I never have to find out.

ltorlo64
10-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Your location sez you are in Kali? Good news for all, with your permit.

I am on a ship in California, but my family is in Washington, which is where I will be in a little less than a week.

HDR
10-16-2010, 06:50 AM
I have been in stressful situations, fires on board ship, floodings, steam leaks, and have handled the fear/stress fine and was able to do the job I am trained to do.

ltorlo64, I've known that for years. I enlisted during wartime; however, I never talked to the Navy Recruiter. The reason was there is no way I'm going in Harm's way on a ship.

While I have been in life or death situations, they have not included someone else trying to kill me.

So have I, a drunk pulled out in front of me on the highway; the crash split his gas tank. Fire doesn't think so when you involve a "someone" else it is different. In war when you see them you shoot them. As you can't play any of war's collateral damage cards civilian situations are a lot more complex. Last but not least, the line between "backing them off" and "brandishing" is a fine one.

I have thought about it and believe I could make the proper decisions to protect other people and my family.

IMO, as you're not eager; it isn't could, you would. The one personality type I never met when I was in the military was eager and confident; I guess when it is real the brain stays in gear.
:D

Until I am actually in one though, I can only hope that I will continue to perform as I have in other situations.

True and that applies to everyone.

[QUOTE=ltorlo64;49043]I also hope that I never have to find out.

IMO, anyone who would hope differently is an idiot or a fool. lol

skorpion
10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Congratulations on joining the ranks of CCW permit-holders! Now, practice, practice, and practice with your carry weapon! Draw and reholster from all the typical and atypical positions you can imagine. Of course, you know the drill about remembering safe weapon habits while you train.