PDA

View Full Version : Ignition.......

Helen Keller
08-08-2015, 10:34 PM
All devices requiring power need 3 things.

Air- duh, you breevin...... :dancing-banana-red-

Fuel - doubt anyone here is starving.

SPARK............

Curious as to what you other humanoids consider your spark to keep things going? why you keep going on.

thought about this the other day ... have an old as fuck riding mower/snow job Im working on , damn thing needs some work. Thought about it .. why bother but I want to see it live again after 30+ years of sitting dormant.

Forum is been a shallow cesspool as of late. Let's get intellectual an' shits.

FunkyPertwee
08-08-2015, 10:53 PM
Spending time with and helping my family is a major spark. So is my desire to improve the condition of humanity. Thirdly I desire to enjoy God's gifts. Everything from shooting to witnessing the beauty of creation via local landscapes.

l921428x
08-09-2015, 01:45 AM
Hmm, must have flooded it.

shorthair
08-09-2015, 04:34 AM
Don't forget compression, with out it, it won't start.

If you don't have desire (aka compression)...

El Duce
08-09-2015, 07:06 AM
Been in kind of a slump myself lately. What keeps me going? Not sure. Same shit every day. One day off a week and 10 hours a day the rest of the week spent at work. Same routine. Might go to the range after Church today. Oh, and the Priest at my church wants to start having parish brunch after mass on Sundays. Guess who he wants to head up that project?

Goodman
08-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Been in kind of a slump myself lately. What keeps me going? Not sure. Same shit every day. One day off a week and 10 hours a day the rest of the week spent at work. Same routine. Might go to the range after Church today. Oh, and the Priest at my church wants to start having parish brunch after mass on Sundays. Guess who he wants to head up that project?

Wow...because you want to cook for others on your one day off, right?
That's largely why I ate very poorly during my years in the kitchen.

As for me- there is tuning up my archery skills and gear for deer season, raising the kids to be the best people I can help them to be and......working over the old house and farm- bringing it back from 20 years of neglect.
There is more too.....So many great things to do and only limited time to balance it all out. Whew!

alismith
08-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Knowing that life is finite and every day I wake up is enough to give me my spark. Whenever I get a little down, just driving by a cemetery and realizing that those, there, have no more days to spend here is, usually, enough to lift my spirits.

No matter what I'm doing, it's just enough to know that I'm doing it, that makes it worthwhile.

ltorlo64
08-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Giving to others, whether it be through charity, holding a door open for someone, teaching someone something new or a better way to do something old, this is my spark. I enjoy doing other things but what makes life worth living is other people and helping those other people with life's burdens.

shorthair
08-09-2015, 09:46 AM
How bout your long lost Brother showing up at your door. Twenty years and no contact!

"I got no job, no money and no place to live!!"

"I don't know why I haven't called you."

I give him cash for gas for his leased jeep that he expects will be repossessed... and he comes home with Hardees!:club:

ltorlo64
08-09-2015, 09:50 AM
How bout your long lost Brother showing up at your door. Twenty years and no contact!

"I got no job, no money and no place to live!!"

"I don't know why I haven't called you."

I give him cash for gas for his leased jeep that he expects will be repossessed... and he comes home with Hardees!:club:

This would be a teachable moment. Sometimes helping someone, especially someone you know, is by helping them grow up. Your emoticon expresses this pretty well, though the face with the club should look like he is enjoying himself quite so much!

skorpion
08-09-2015, 10:47 AM
The anticipation to the "Barack Saddam Insane Hussein 0bama leaving the White House" celebration coming up a year and a half from now is keeping me going for now. And shooting, fishing, hiking, kayaking, and mountain biking.

FunkyPertwee
08-09-2015, 12:01 PM

I used to do a lot of volunteer work for my church. You have to learn when to tell them no. Just because it is a Church doesn't mean that they are exempt from taking advantage of people.

5.56NATO
08-09-2015, 01:23 PM
If it's seized up it's not going to start even with a new plug.

l921428x
08-09-2015, 01:29 PM
No matter what I'm doing, it's just enough to know that I'm doing it, that makes it worthwhile. Nice expression
and it is a good way to approach life alismith.

l921428x
08-09-2015, 01:41 PM
El Duce that would basically give you no rest day. Your Priest understands your work load already, doesn't he?
I mean I don't know how many times I have wondered how you keep going and I think you must love your job.
But even the Lord had a day off. You do need rest and family time, the young'uns just keep growing.
Having decompression time is a real deal.

El Duce
08-10-2015, 04:17 PM
El Duce that would basically give you no rest day. Your Priest understands your work load already, doesn't he?
I mean I don't know how many times I have wondered how you keep going and I think you must love your job.
But even the Lord had a day off. You do need rest and family time, the young'uns just keep growing.
Having decompression time is a real deal.

Sometimes I wonder how I keep it up as well. Stupid dedication is what I call it.

I did make it to the range yesterday for a few hours. Son and I went through 300 rounds of 9mm, 100 of .223, 300 .22 in the new .22 ar. And he shot a box of .243. It was good, now the kids are at band practice, and wife is at work and I am enjoying a little peace and quiet.

Sometimes I do feel as if I am stuck in a rut.

alismith
08-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Sometimes I wonder how I keep it up as well. Stupid dedication is what I call it.

I did make it to the range yesterday for a few hours. Son and I went through 300 rounds of 9mm, 100 of .223, 300 .22 in the new .22 ar. And he shot a box of .243. It was good, now the kids are at band practice, and wife is at work and I am enjoying a little peace and quiet.

Sometimes I do feel as if I am stuck in a rut.

Ruts are good. It's always better to be stuck in a rut than than stuck in a coffin. You can always get out of a rut. :thumbsup:

N/A
08-10-2015, 07:36 PM
A lot of you guys like to be in the rut.

I'm kinda like the motor where you turn off the spark and it just keeps dieseling along.

abpt1
08-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Bad gas .

skorpion
08-11-2015, 08:10 AM
A lot of you guys like to be in the rut.

I'm kinda like the motor where you turn off the spark and it just keeps dieseling along.Unlike deer, I'm in the rut year-round. :D

N/A
08-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Unlike deer, I'm in the rut year-round. :D

Yeah...but a lot of these guys wives are like a doe and seem to only be in heat once or twice a year.
��

shorthair
08-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Usually when your not there.:eyebrows:

El Duce
08-12-2015, 03:29 AM
Yeah...but a lot of these guys wives are like a doe and seem to only be in heat once or twice a year.
��

If that!