PDA

View Full Version : Influential Hernia outpatient surgery.

N/A
09-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Had it done on one side this morning.

All advice on recovery/therapy welcome. Will check on this thread as I feel up to it.

Thanks...friend and foe alike.

ltorlo64
09-18-2015, 06:57 PM
No advice, just a question. Is it really influential? I really thought that meant something different!

Oh yeah, get well soon!

Full Otto
09-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah I'm not familiar with "influential" I had the surgery last year only advice is the pain killers, they can get you constipated.
I quit mine early and used a laxative didn't want to pop those stitches,
It's gonna hurt for a while. You have someone there with you?

N/A
09-18-2015, 07:37 PM
I have the auto correct turned off on this phone, but it still sneaks a wrong word in somehow.

Yeah, got help if I need it.

rci2950
09-18-2015, 07:43 PM
sounds like it hurt. got any bourbon? Thats my only advice. Hope you heal quick.

Woogiebear
09-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Yeah, the pain killers will leave you stopped up. Might be a good idea to get an enema kit, or figure out how to make one yourself. Sounds weird and messed up but it helped me out years ago.

BISHOP
09-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Is it Influential or did you mean Inguinal?

I had the latter when I was in my early 20s. It hurt to get up, laugh, cough, sneeze and poop. There are a lot of things that effect that area of your body.
My surgery was the old fashion type (I demanded it) not laparoscopic. I wanted the tried and true version.

I stayed away from comedy on TV, learned to "blow away" a sneeze, ate a liquid diet so there was no pushing, it just flowed....

Pain killers. I took some but then found out that several beers had the same effect, so stopped the meds.

BISHOP

N/A
09-19-2015, 06:41 AM
Now that I'm awake and lucid, thanks for the advice and humor.
It doesn't hurt so bad this morning. I've only taking 4 pain pills so far. I know about them causing constipation, so I will be taking generic Alieve from now on.
What helped the most was putting an Ice pack on it and then I could sleep in my normal position without any pain.

Already up and down at the conscience store getting coffee.

For you central Texas members, they are having a gas price war in Comanche. $1.74 when I went thru there yesterday.

Richard Simmons
09-19-2015, 07:18 AM
No recovery advice but I do wish you well with a full and speedy recovery.

N/A
09-19-2015, 07:38 AM
No recovery device but I do wish you well with a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks. I am feeling a lot better than I thought I would. Moving around seems to help.

jakebrake
09-19-2015, 08:10 AM
had the surgery twice.

the only real advice i can give. do everything slowly. don't be a hero like me and try to drive to 7-11 that day for smokes. don't try to move furniture around. stay static for a few days.

avoid steps,

try sleeping in a chair.

the first visit to the crapper is a going to seem frightening. let it take all day if it needs to.....do NOT try to force it. (avoiding graphic details)

Schuetzenman
09-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Don't lift anything over 10 lbs. for about 6 weeks.

N/A
09-19-2015, 10:12 AM
One of the nurses told me to pee sitting down for the first couple of days. Told her I learned to do that after prostrare teatment. Never knew when you went to take a leak if you would have a bowel movement also, so learned to sit down pretty quick.

I think she was the one who shaved my groin, so she wasn't worried about me lifting anything heavy.

jakebrake
09-19-2015, 10:01 PM
I think she was the one who shaved my groin

my second favorite part. shaved from my nipples to my kneecaps...I was ready to kill someone.

the straight cath was the worst part ...like pissing needles after they removed it.

Goodman
09-20-2015, 04:26 AM
You might try stool softeners as opposed to laxative.
Other than that I suggest not shoveling snow off the roof, and not walking a mile to the post office and back.
Pretty sure I screwed up my surgery by overdoing it during recovery

El Duce
09-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Best of luck in recovery! Take it easy for sure.

N/A
09-20-2015, 09:03 AM
You might try stool softeners as opposed to laxative.
Other than that I suggest not shoveling snow off the roof, and not walking a mile to the post office and back.
Pretty sure I screwed up my surgery by overdoing it during recovery

I was mostly told that the more you got up and about, the faster and easier recovery would be...so I've been out a lot these last two days. I'm taking it easy this morning with an ice pack on it. No pain, but a little swelling maybe.

I had envisioned a long, painful recovery, but seem to be lucky that there isn't much pain and I can move about easily...as long as I don't do anything stupid.

Altarboy
09-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Ouch. Get better soon. You and your freshly shaved nether-regions.

BISHOP
09-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Also with my surgery every day after the 3rd, there was noticeable differences in healing and pain reduction. Each day I felt much better.

BISHOP

JTHunter
09-20-2015, 08:27 PM
N/A - you have my sympathy for your discomfort as I had inguinal repair done about 8 years ago (laproscopically) on the right side. Oddly enough, this was about 4 years after I had an emergency appendectomy for a ruptured appendix.
Depending on your age and physical condition, follow those restrictions and don't rush your recovery! You don't want to have them HAVE to go back in and do more, do you?

Didn't think so. Good luck!

El Laton Caliente
09-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Take it easy and hope you get feeling better soon.

N/A
09-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Feeling ok today, but damn, feel like I'm starving.

BISHOP
09-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Eat soups, mashed potatoes, light stews,, over steamed veggie, RICE!
All with lots of BUTTER AND SALT.

No roughage (rufage), leaves, skins, husks. Those clean you out and cause thick, dense poops.

Eat until it just wants to flow out. NO PUSHING!!!!!

BISHOP

N/A
09-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Also with my surgery every day after the 3rd, there was noticeable differences in healing and pain reduction. Each day I felt much better.

BISHOP

Yep, I'm noticing that too. Bruising starting to fade away, pain mostly gone as long as I don't stretch the wrong way.
At first where the bruising showed up was a bit unnerving, and the fluid drainage/build up in the scrotum...but thank God for the internet. After looking at pics on there, I saw that I was very lucky. Will have to thank the Dr. for the good job he did when I see him Monday.