PDA

View Full Version : SAF Sues Eric Holder, FBI Over Misdemeanor Gun Rights Denial

Gunreference1
10-14-2010, 12:52 AM
SAF Sues Eric Holder, FBI Over Misdemeanor Gun Rights Denial

BELLEVUE, Wash., Oct. 13 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Acting on behalf of a Georgia resident and honorably discharged Vietnam War veteran, the Second Amendment Foundation today filed a lawsuit against Attorney General Eric Holder and the Federal Bureau of Investigation over enforcement of a federal statute that can deny gun rights to someone with a simple misdemeanor conviction on his record.

The lawsuit was filed in United States District Court for the District of Columbia. SAF and co-plaintiff Jefferson Wayne Schrader of Cleveland, GA are represented by attorney Alan Gura, who successfully argued both the Heller and McDonald cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/saf-sues-eric-holder-fbi-over-misdemeanor-gun-rights-denial-104893594.html

Steve

swampdragon
10-14-2010, 02:57 AM
LOL.
This is great.

old Grump
10-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Hate to see this crap, especially when it sounds like the second fight was justified, dumb but justified. Politicians just won't quit jumping on any tiny thing they can, I'm surprised they don't all have their arms in slings from patting themselves on the back.

Who knows, maybe the government will fight this all the way to the Supreme Court and get their tail handed to them again. I hate that the court rules so narrowly that we have to keep on fighting every little war ad infinitum. Especially when we pay the governments bill for all the wasted effort to win back our stolen rights. Makes me so damn mad I could spit.

Gunreference1
10-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Georgia accused of stripping 2nd Amendment rights

Case is 'great example of why gun owners cannot trust government bureaucrats'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 14, 2010
11:50 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

Another lawsuit has been launched by officials with the Second Amendment Foundation over gun rights, which officials have been watching closely since the group's huge Supreme Court decision affirming the idea that self-protection applies to all people in America.

The newest lawsuit was filed on behalf of a Georgia resident who is an honorably discharged veteran from the Vietnam war, and it names as defendants Attorney General Eric Holder and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=215381

Steve