PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Plated Arsenal SAM-7 Classic. Thoughts?

JHN
10-16-2015, 12:45 PM
This rifle has been my primary hog gun for years until the finish wear and blemishes became too unsightly. I decided to have it chrome plated for maximum durability. I took a risk because I like my guns to be black or blued. Not sure how I feel about the look of this chrome, but it's growing on me. What do you guys think?

imanaknut
10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Hard to see the actual color from that photo because at least on my computer screen it looks like a really nice milled rifle with a lighter blued finish.

My personal 2 cents is a chrome AK is ... well let me just say that being a collector, one that looks like it was dragged across the sandbox by a camel would look just fine. :D :D :D :D

ltorlo64
10-16-2015, 01:43 PM
I agree with Nut, it looks almost Parkerized with the coloring being more blue than olive green. If that is what it actually looks like I was pleasantly surprised. I could not even imagine a bright, shiny silver, AK.

JHN
10-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Yeah sorry about the terrible lighting in the pic. The chrome is a matte finish so it's not shiny, more like a dull grey. I know this refinish will hurt its resell value but I'm not planning on selling it. Just hope it isn't an eye sore.

raxar
10-16-2015, 03:22 PM
there's your problem, you should have went with as shiny of a finish as possible. I honestly don't think it would hurt the value that much, these things are bought for practical value, so being all original isn't as much of an issue.

Schuetzenman
10-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Well I will say I'm glad to see it is a dull matt finish vs. high polish Pimptastic blingy! Me, I'd of KG GunKoted it. As a baked on finish it is very tough.
http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/medium/Polish_folder_full_length_in_grass.jpg
This is a satin black Gunkote finish baked onto a Polish kit I built up.