PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court’s Decision Could Lead To Second Civil War

Gunreference1
11-02-2015, 08:03 AM
http://bearingarms.com/supreme-courts-decision-lead-second-civil-war/?utm_source=bafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=baupdate

Steve

alismith
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Libtards do not realize how thin the line is that's keeping a new civil war from happening.

Full Otto
11-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Can't say I agree with the writer on this one:

"The explicit intent of the Second Amendment as written by the Founding Fathers was to ensure that the citizenry—whom they refer to as the militia—"

Seems he's trying to cover the anti's argument about militias before it starts but I don't think it's correct and more to the anti's favor
Citizens need to be armed in able to form a militia if the need arises

ltorlo64
11-03-2015, 05:20 AM
Can't say I agree with the writer on this one:

"The explicit intent of the Second Amendment as written by the Founding Fathers was to ensure that the citizenry—whom they refer to as the militia—"

Seems he's trying to cover the anti's argument about militias before it starts but I don't think it's correct and more to the anti's favor
Citizens need to be armed in able to form a militia if the need arises

You are more correct. I believe you are also correct in that he is trying to diffuse the anti's argument about the militia. In truth, both positions are technically correct as the citizenry made up the militia which was only formed, or called out, if the need arose. Remember, there had to be some rank structure and some practice so that the militia would be ready when needed. It wouldn't have to go through the administrative formation stage (who would be in charge, who would cook, etc), it just had to be called and everyone knew where they needed to be and in one capacity they served.