PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian 74 Siderail

DGinWA
10-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I have just finished my 74 build and I am wanting to mount a siderail ..... the problem I can't find any measurments to do this. Should I aline the side rail off the bottom of the receiver or go off the top ? or if there is a web sight that has info please forward or post

you only get to drill the holes one time.....

any info will help Thanks :dizzy:

MOP
10-14-2010, 12:36 PM
I am looking at my Bulgarian SLR-106FR, and

it seems they measured down from the top.

Coming from the bottom, there's a slight angle...same weird angle is on my WASR.

Have you checked Arsenal Inc. web site ? they produced guns with, and without rail ?

AK-Karl
10-26-2010, 05:17 PM
When I mounted mine I put the center rivet in, then used the scope on the mount to aling the rail by using a laiser bore sighter and marked where the other rivets go.
I have tried measuring from the top rail on another gun & it was way off.

Tx Dogblaster
11-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I get the most rear rivet in place and squished "loosely" so I can still rotate slightly then measure with calipers from the top tail. Get it nice and even then clamp with a small C-clamp. Then I scribe around the forward end of the rail just for grins to help relocate if I accidentally move it. I then drill the receiver through the forward hole in the rail and squish that rivet. Put a final squeeze on the rear rivet and drill the middle rivet hole. If you're .010" - .020" out of parallel it won't hurt anything. You have more adjustment than that in your optics. I highly doubt factory installed rails are dead nuts square with the top rail. I'd bet even they're off by a few thousandths of an inch...