PDA

View Full Version : Reload .22LR Ammo ? Hint: Yes, You Can ~ VIDEO

Gunreference1
11-17-2015, 07:59 PM
http://www.ammoland.com/2015/11/reload-22lr-ammo/#axzz3rnftBmrw

Steve

l921428x
11-18-2015, 05:55 AM
Hey I already posted something about this.
I did a search and couldn't find though........

Schuetzenman
11-18-2015, 06:33 AM
Yep there was a thread on this a year ago, maybe 2. The priming is going to be corrosive. The scraping of the cap material is not without risk. To me even scarier than the cap method is the large bags of priming compound that the customer can mix together. You know somebody is going to be sooo smart that they will not follow instructions and just do a big bulk batch mix of that stuff and not wet it out properly. They're going to blow themselves up. I'd feel safer making Black Powder from scratch as it isn't pressure sensitive.

NAPOTS
11-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Yep there was a thread on this a year ago, maybe 2. The priming is going to be corrosive. The scraping of the cap material is not without risk. To me even scarier than the cap method is the large bags of priming compound that the customer can mix together. You know somebody is going to be sooo smart that they will not follow instructions and just do a big bulk batch mix of that stuff and not wet it out properly. They're going to blow themselves up. I'd feel safer making Black Powder from scratch as it isn't pressure sensitive.

I'll leave mixing priming compound to the pros. This is messing with stuff that will probably get you on some kind of list.

Schuetzenman
11-18-2015, 04:27 PM
I'll leave mixing priming compound to the pros. This is messing with stuff that will probably get you on some kind of list.

Yep Darwin Award candidate list IMO.

Helen Keller
11-18-2015, 04:32 PM
I like my fingers and face enough to pay $35.00 per 500

deth502
11-19-2015, 04:48 PM
id give it a shot. ive got nothing to live for.