PDA

View Full Version : New video/site shows sheriff deputies abuse of 2nd and 4th Amendments

bruinsrule
07-18-2010, 04:09 PM
A brand new website, http://www.kccn.tv launched yesterday by veteran journalist Daniel Blackburn with the shocking story of a man who was arrested, had his home searched, and his legally owned (and stored) guns confiscated by the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's department.

What's worse is listening to the actual audio of the deputies as they begin to realize that some of the things they were doing isn't exactly legal, and come up with things to say to make sure they fall on the right side of the law. It's shocking and maddening.

I am a member of a CA gun forum and have decided to try to take this story national. One of the members recommended your site, so I appreciate you allowing me to join and spread this message. If this story makes you as mad as it makes us in California, please spread the word. There is a movement to get the story on Andrew Napolitano's Freedom Watch, and we need votes to get it there. You can submit up to 3 votes and NO REGISTRATION IS NEEDED. We started in 380th place yesterday and are now almost in the Top 10. To vote and spread the word, use this link:

http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/forums/16625-freedom-watch-show-ideas/suggestions/917535-video-shows-sheriff-department-fabricating-story-t?ref=title

You can vote 3 votes with each computer in your home, so vote often! Thanks again!

L1A1Rocker
07-18-2010, 06:01 PM
bump

O.S.O.K.
07-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the board. Going to the site now.

O.S.O.K.
07-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Oh man. I hope that guy sued the crap out of that Sheriff's department. They totally raped him.

AK-J
07-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Good GOD... And law enforcement officers wonder why there is a dis-trust of them by a large portion of the population.

L1A1Rocker
07-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Good GOD... And law enforcement officers wonder why there is a dis-trust of them by a large portion of the population.

This begs the question. Which ones are the "bad apples"? It seems every one of them if not comming up with the lies are in a conspericy to perpetuate the lies.

old Grump
07-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Welcome to Gunsnet bruinsrule. Don't forget to bookmark us so you can find your way back. If the sheriff doesn't hang those two out to dry and make things right then you know the rot goes up to and starts with the corner office. Put your flak jacket on because we have some feeble minded members who think anything California is rotten to the core but not all of us. Hopefully you will get a lot of that straightened out in August and November depending on what district you are in.

RJ Shooter
07-18-2010, 10:29 PM
(waiting for Krupski to post to this thread) LOL

TakeFive
07-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Bruinsrule is the son of the reporter who appears in the video. The reason he wants us to vote at http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/forums/16625-freedom-watch-show-ideas/suggestions/917535-video-shows-sheriff-department-fabricating-story-t?ref=title is so that Andrew Napolitano will focus national attention on the incident via his TV show. This thread on CalGuns has received over 500 posts in just a few days. Just because it occured in California doesn't mean the rest of the nation is safe. Let's get behind this thing and broadcast it far and wide.

Moebrown20
07-20-2010, 06:47 AM
(waiting for Krupski to post to this thread) LOL
yep. just saw the vid. He's gonna have a field day.

Ruskiegunlover
07-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Link not showing vid for me.....and moe, I never said that.......

Ruskiegunlover
07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
is the vid anywhere else?

AK-J
07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
You need quicktime to view it there.

I found it also on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wKRKGqYZjI

Ruskiegunlover
07-20-2010, 01:34 PM
yeah, watching now.....

Ruskiegunlover
07-20-2010, 01:45 PM
now, wait a tic......he had registered 8 guns, but they found 14? AND a full auto? If the full auto was not registered, then sorry-he violated the law. He did not negligently discharge a firearm, and thats true.....but if they found illegal firearms....well.....I don't know what to say on that. We need more detail. What weapons did they find after the 8?

something wrong here on BOTH ends.....

AKTexas
07-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Not in the least bit surprised.I have been told the tales of just such things.

abpt1
07-20-2010, 02:13 PM
......bad shoot .........

RJ Shooter
07-20-2010, 02:27 PM
OK, where's Part 3 so we know what happened??????

AK-J
07-20-2010, 03:52 PM
They've got a new video player on the orginal site, you might want to try it there again. The entire video is 21min 43sec.

RJ Shooter
07-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks. Just watched. Seems as if he still hasn't gotten his firearms back. I guess he plead out to a misdemeanor on something... :/

Sidartha
07-21-2010, 01:05 AM
now, wait a tic......he had registered 8 guns, but they found 14? AND a full auto? If the full auto was not registered, then sorry-he violated the law. He did not negligently discharge a firearm, and thats true.....but if they found illegal firearms....well.....I don't know what to say on that. We need more detail. What weapons did they find after the 8?

If, and I say IF, Heart did have an illegal machine gun in the house then the prosecutor would not have offered a plea with only one misdemeanor.
That would be a blatant fabrication of the arresting officers.

Jesus! Does no ever get charged with a crime that they didn't commit on your planet? Or, do you simply accept the word of a bunch of shitty cops?

As a side note...
I'm thinking that a false dresser built out of plywood to conceal a gun safe might be in order. Sure, it won't stand up to a determined search but at a glance might not warrant a second look.

Paladin
07-21-2010, 03:18 AM

The problem is not what was found in the safe. The problem is that the safe was opened. The issue is Constitutional. Constitutional Law was broken by those sworn to support it.

They are not bad police. They have been allowed to slip into a mind set of disregard for the Constitution by their superiors. Management is the problem...

Paladin
07-21-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm thinking that a false dresser built out of plywood to conceal a gun safe might be in order.

I use an inset medicine chest in the bathroom wall that can be lifted out of the wall. It leads to a blind area where the hot water tank used to be before I built a new laundry/mud room. Pretty slick.

Sidartha
07-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I use an inset medicine chest in the bathroom wall that can be lifted out of the wall. It leads to a blind area where the hot water tank used to be before I built a new laundry/mud room. Pretty slick.

Cool. I don't own a house yet so whatever I do can't cost me my secuity deposit.

Ruskiegunlover
07-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Ha, well, the G-men watching you and monitering this thread now know.......

Ruskiegunlover
07-21-2010, 11:57 AM
*puts tin hat on.....

L1A1Rocker
07-23-2010, 02:41 AM
If, and I say IF, Heart did have an illegal machine gun in the house then the prosecutor would not have offered a plea with only one misdemeanor.
That would be a blatant fabrication of the arresting officers.

Jesus! Does no ever get charged with a crime that they didn't commit on your planet? Or, do you simply accept the word of a bunch of shitty cops?

As a side note...
I'm thinking that a false dresser built out of plywood to conceal a gun safe might be in order. Sure, it won't stand up to a determined search but at a glance might not warrant a second look.

At the prelim hearing the judge through out the machingun charge and the negligent discharge charge. I have a feeling that if he had had enough money to keep paying for his lawyer he would have beet the whole damn thing. He wound up with a public defender that got intimidated (my opinion) by the DA and so a plea was coped to a minor charge. I wonder if the ACLU would be interested in this case?

L1A1Rocker
07-23-2010, 02:43 AM

Not a bad idea. I recall seeing somehere in the interwebs a gun safe that was a beds platform. It was a very neat idea but a little pricy.

L1A1Rocker
07-23-2010, 03:11 AM

The reporter is a little vague on the 14 guns thing. The quote is "Deputies removed 14 firearms and miscellaneous items from the Hart residence. . ." I'm not sure if that is a total of 14 things or 14 fireams plus other things. It is a little vague. The report goes on to say that the judge tossed out two of the four charges - one being the negligent discharge. (I'm thinking that the other one was the machinegun charge) The report then goes on to say that the police are still inpossesion of four of Hart's guns "including the one that Murphey stated that he wanted" so I guess some of the guns were returned. If some have been returned why not all? I suspect that they may no longer be in the evidence locker.

Sidartha
07-23-2010, 04:51 PM
The reporter is a little vague on the 14 guns thing. The quote is "Deputies removed 14 firearms and miscellaneous items from the Hart residence. . ." I'm not sure if that is a total of 14 things or 14 fireams plus other things. It is a little vague. The report goes on to say that the judge tossed out two of the four charges - one being the negligent discharge. (I'm thinking that the other one was the machinegun charge) The report then goes on to say that the police are still inpossesion of four of Hart's guns "including the one that Murphey stated that he wanted" so I guess some of the guns were returned. If some have been returned why not all? I suspect that they may no longer be in the evidence locker.

And what is that if not outright theft?

Seriously everything I've seen about this case puts it squarely in the realm of police misconduct and every damn one of them deserves to lose their jobs over this. Including the Prosecutor.

Not a bad idea. I recall seeing somehere in the interwebs a gun safe that was a beds platform. It was a very neat idea but a little pricy.

I saw that too.
Instead of a box spring the gun safe acted as a foundation for your mattress.
The trouble was(other than the price you mentioned) the doors were on the "top" of the safe so you had to move the mattress to get your guns.

TakeFive
07-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Just to clear up the siezed versus registered count controversy, the law registering firearms didn't go into effect in California until 1991 (as I recall). Anything possessed prior to the law's enactment can be legally held without any paperwork. Subsequent sale or transfer needs paper, i.e., registration. Handguns are registered by serial number, make, model, type, finish, barrel length and caliber. Long guns are registered, but without description, just count.

serf
07-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Seems to me that whatever they found illegal there would be set aside because the basis of the search was unwarranted.
The only thing that surprised me was that they did not shoot the dogs, claim they were trained as attack dogs, and use that as the basis for their "exigency".