PDA

View Full Version : Vicodin is great!

swampdragon
10-15-2010, 10:22 PM
That is all.

I'm gonna go watch Aliens now.

arcangel
10-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes sir they are lol, how strong? So I can guesstimate how fcked up you are. I broke my hand a few years back and the hospital gave me a bunch, and when I was in Phoenix last year an AC duct bout crushed my ass, lucky to be alive, lucky I had my hardhat and luckily I got vicodins as a result. Still got a few that are still good. Hmmmmmm be right back lol.

FunkyPertwee
10-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I agree.

Just remember to keep your shotgun handy, in case of close encounters.

aliceinchains
10-15-2010, 10:51 PM
The movie or from other planets.

abpt1
10-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Great movie !

aliceinchains
10-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Great movie !

I want to see the last one it looks pretty bad ass.

Krupski
10-15-2010, 11:27 PM
That is all.

Hydrocodone is da bomb!

Smooth. Relaxing. Nice. Comfort. No hangover. Ahhhhhhhh.....

az_paul
10-16-2010, 12:59 AM
My wife used the Vicodin and it worked great, except the Tylenol in it raised her liver enzymes to unacceptable levels, so now she's using Darvon.

swampdragon
10-16-2010, 01:16 AM
The movie or from other planets.

Movie.
The 2nd one with the Colonial Marines.

swampdragon
10-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Yes sir they are lol, how strong? So I can guesstimate how fcked up you are. I broke my hand a few years back and the hospital gave me a bunch, and when I was in Phoenix last year an AC duct bout crushed my ass, lucky to be alive, lucky I had my hardhat and luckily I got vicodins as a result. Still got a few that are still good. Hmmmmmm be right back lol.

I don't know how strong?
Got them from the doc today for my jaw.
They like beer.

swampdragon
10-16-2010, 01:37 AM
I want to see the last one it looks pretty bad ass.

resurrection?
I liked it.
Is there another one?
I'm not sure which one is last?

Oswald Bastable
10-16-2010, 03:46 AM
resurrection?
I liked it.
Is there another one?
I'm not sure which one is last?

Far as I know, Alien - Resurrection is the last...

l921428x
10-16-2010, 03:57 AM
Far as I know, Alien - Resurrection is the last...
Are they making a new one? Hydrocodone kicks swampys drug anyday.

Moebrown20
10-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Movie.
The 2nd one with the Colonial Marines.

Starship Troopers.

abpt1
10-16-2010, 07:35 AM
When I had that mass removed from my throat I was on them. Fucking Dr gave me horese pills with just having a benign mass removed along with my tonsils, adenoids and uvula removed and a esophageal scope..I could not swallow anything and I was in a lot of pain. So I would use about 3-4oz of cold water then drop one or two in the water wait for it to melt and shoot it like a shot .....If you think they are strong solid melt one ...... WOW does that hit you fast !

swampdragon
10-16-2010, 02:44 PM
When I had that mass removed from my throat I was on them. Fucking Dr gave me horese pills with just having a benign mass removed along with my tonsils, adenoids and uvula removed and a esophageal scope..I could not swallow anything and I was in a lot of pain. So I would use about 3-4oz of cold water then drop one or two in the water wait for it to melt and shoot it like a shot .....If you think they are strong solid melt one ...... WOW does that hit you fast !

Never thought about dissolving them.
When they hit you that fast, do they make you all hot and sweaty and nauseous?

AKTexas
10-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Bunch of pill heads!

Aliens is awesome!Starship Troopers is another favorite.Bloods,guts,guns,T and A!

raxar
10-16-2010, 02:51 PM
they gave me some a while back when i had surgery, frankly it didn't do anything for me, nyquil is where it's at.

swampdragon
10-16-2010, 02:59 PM
they gave me some a while back when i had surgery, frankly it didn't do anything for me, nyquil is where it's at.

Nyquil makes me wanna puke.
I can't stand that stuff.
I'd rather be sick than drink it.

aliceinchains
10-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Sorry i had a brain fart. I meant Predators 2010 http://www.moviefone.com/movie/predators/37811/main

swampdragon
10-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Sorry i had a brain fart. I meant Predators 2010 http://www.moviefone.com/movie/predators/37811/main

I've not seen that one yet either.
Like Alien, I've always been a fan of the Predator movies too.
I'll probably wait for it on DVD.
I'm not a big fan of movie theatres these days.

aliceinchains
10-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I've not seen that one yet either.
Like Alien, I've always been a fan of the Predator movies too.
I'll probably wait for it on DVD.
I'm not a big fan of movie theatres these days.

Ditto on the movie theaters. I would rather sit home in my own privacy and drink some beer while watching a flick.

00RedZX-6R
10-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Vicos don't do much for me either. After my sugery i was chewing them up to get them to do anything. Perkocet was much better.

00RedZX-6R
10-16-2010, 05:14 PM
So what was wrong with your jaw/tooth

old Grump
10-16-2010, 05:31 PM
When I had that mass removed from my throat I was on them. Fucking Dr gave me horese pills with just having a benign mass removed along with my tonsils, adenoids and uvula removed and a esophageal scope..I could not swallow anything and I was in a lot of pain. So I would use about 3-4oz of cold water then drop one or two in the water wait for it to melt and shoot it like a shot .....If you think they are strong solid melt one ...... WOW does that hit you fast ! Whoa there Nelly, you mean they were supposed to be swallowed???:dizzy:

Wondered why they took so long!

abpt1
10-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Never thought about dissolving them.
When they hit you that fast, do they make you all hot and sweaty and nauseous?
Yeah it does if your not in a shit load of pain but its not so bad when your counting the minutes to your next dose because the pain just got you beat .

eta...
I would suggest that no one do that
Whoa there Nelly, you mean they were supposed to be swallowed???:dizzy:

Wondered why they took so long!

Yep but I didnt eat anything solid for like two weeks ...Honestly it was worse than when I crashed my CBR and spent some time in ICU with a few broken bones ect.

Nyquil is gross ...only if I am dog sick .

Krupski
10-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Are they making a new one? Hydrocodone kicks swampys drug anyday.

Vicodin is hydrocodone (and acetaminophen). AKA Lortab.

davepool
10-16-2010, 07:46 PM
I've had all of those prescribed for pain over the years,and they don't seem to effect me....but the dilaudid i got after my surgery last year made me forget my name, and the crash after i ran out was almost as bad as the pain i was trying to kill.

raxar
10-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Nyquil is gross ...only if I am dog sick .

yeah, the green and blue stuff has a pretty bold flavor. Got some cherry flavored "equate" (wally world brand) for my last cold that actually tastes decent, and smells awesome.

sniper_n_training
10-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Percoset (Oxycodone) and Oxycontin are probably the strongest you can get if memory serves me right.

Unless your prescribed straight morphine (the blue pills dont count unless you take a BUNCH of them), then your pretty much SOL. I know when I screwed up my back temporarily in the past, the doctor was worried about how much vicodin I was putting away (3 or 4 - 7.5's at a time and was still in pain).
He then gave me Oxycodone and after that, everything started feeling a little better.

Funny thing though, a buddy gave me some Oxycontins shortly thereafter and I pretty much forgot my name for 5 hours. It was some GOOD stuff! :dizzy:

blacksheep
10-16-2010, 09:30 PM
That is all.

Never did anything for me, weak.

Blacksmith
10-16-2010, 11:18 PM

You sure those weren’t suppositories? :lool:

I’ve had Vicodin for numerous things. for me it worked great as a pain killer. but that was it. I just don’t see the attraction as a feel good drug???

swampdragon
10-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Never did anything for me, weak.

You're not doin' it right then.
You take more than you're supposed to, and mix 'em with beer.;)

swampdragon
10-17-2010, 04:01 AM
You sure those weren’t suppositories? :lool:

I’ve had Vicodin for numerous things. for me it worked great as a pain killer. but that was it. I just don’t see the attraction as a feel good drug???

Truthfully, yep.
They are working fine as a pain killer.

When I had my shoulder surgery they gave me tablet morphine.
Granted...that was much better.

HDR
10-17-2010, 05:54 AM

So after how many of each was it when you decided you could have a conversation with Lefty?

swampdragon
10-17-2010, 08:25 AM
So after how many of each was it when you decided you could have a conversation with Lefty?

I don't remember now, so it must have been quite a few....:laugh:

Abakan
10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Well he was a shitty doctor cuz they come in a liquid form also called lortab elixer... Percocets are much better, give a speedier type of buzz, don't bring ya down so much unless you take a shitload of them, haha

HDR
10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't remember now, so it must have been quite a few....:laugh:

It is best to blank the experience out.

HDR
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Well he was a shitty doctor cuz they come in a liquid form also called lortab elixer... Percocets are much better, give a speedier type of buzz, don't bring ya down so much unless you take a shitload of them, haha

Just what I needed to know...

swampdragon
10-17-2010, 08:11 PM
It is best to blank the experience out.

What experience?

HDR
10-17-2010, 09:12 PM
What experience?

The Lefty experience.

swampdragon
10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
The Lefty experience.

Oh.
I must have blocked it out.

HDR
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Oh.
I must have blocked it out.

Although many try; few are successful.

JTHunter
10-18-2010, 12:18 AM
There were only 4 "Alien" movies that involved Sigourney Weaver as I'm not including "Alien vs. Predator" in this list.

Alien - 1979 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/

Aliens - 1986 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/

Alien³ - 1992 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103644/

Alien: Resurrection - 1997 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118583/

FYI

swampdragon
10-18-2010, 12:53 AM
There were only 4 "Alien" movies that involved Sigourney Weaver as I'm not including "Alien vs. Predator" in this list.

Alien - 1979 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/

Aliens - 1986 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/

Alien³ - 1992 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103644/

Alien: Resurrection - 1997 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118583/

FYI

I've seen them all then.

Oswald Bastable
10-18-2010, 01:19 AM

Pretty much...

A few years ago I had a ruptured disc in my back. Urgent care gave me some Vicodins to tide me over till I could see my regular doc. I'd take two and get maybe two and a half, three hours of pain relief, out of the four hours they were supposed to last. Only way I could sleep was flat on my stomach...any other position was pain that would have required four or more Vic's at a time. Finally fell asleep one night and must have actually slept about five hours, but woke up in excruciating pain. covered in sweat, could barely get out of bed except that I knew the pain pills were several feet away.

Took two, went downstairs and slammed two beers within 30 minutes, finally after about 45 minutes total, the pain was only debilitating, rather than excruciating.

Depending on the painkiller and your personal resistance to such meds, alcohol can be an aid to kick it into high gear. But it means you have to know your personal tolerance level for such meds. I've found over the years of back problems that I seem to have a high tolerance for most pain meds. Thankfully, I've had no back issues since that time, still even have two or three Vic's leftover, awaiting when/if another episode strikes...been saving them for that rainy (giant hailstones crushing you down) day.

Mark Ducati
10-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Just for the record... you will not overdose dissolving Vicodin or Lortab hydrocodone pills in water... they come in 5/500, 7.5/500, and 10/500's... the 500 being tylenol.

Once the pills hit your stomach they dissolve pretty fast on their own...

The one pill you must NOT ever dissolve is "OXYCONTIN"... Oxycontin is the exact same ingredient as Percocet (oxycodone)... the problem is that it is a "time release" medication. One 80mg OXYCONTIN is the same as eight Percocet 10/500's.

The druggies will crush/chew/dissolve an Oxycontin and release it all at the same time... if a druggy already has a high tolerance to opiates, they could probably get away with crushing/dissolving one or maybe two 20mg Oxycontins... but when they break the 80mg big boy oxy's apart, a couple of those would be like taking 16 Percocets at once!

Booze and pills often dont mix... be very careful. When you're drinking, sometimes you may forget when you took your last pain pill... might be best to give them to your wife and let her keep track of how much and when you were given????

swampdragon
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Just for the record... you will not overdose dissolving Vicodin or Lortab hydrocodone pills in water... they come in 5/500, 7.5/500, and 10/500's... the 500 being tylenol.

The one pill you must NOT ever dissolve is "OXYCONTIN"... Oxycontin is the exact same ingredient as Percocet (oxycodone)... the problem is that it is a "time release" medication. One 80mg OXYCONTIN is the same as eight Percocet 10/500's.

The druggies will crush/chew/dissolve an Oxycontin and release it all at the same time... if a druggy already has a high tolerance to opiates, they could probably get away with crushing/dissolving one or maybe two 20mg Oxycontins... but when they break the 80mg big boy oxy's apart, a couple of those would be like taking 16 Percocets at once!

Booze and pills often dont mix... be very careful. When you're drinking, sometimes you may forget when you took your last pain pill... might be best to give them to your wife and let her keep track of how much and when you were given????

What would "really" be best is if you'd pull this damn tooth for me and not charge me a fortune....lol

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?3524-Weird-Jaw-Pain-Dental-problem

HDR
10-18-2010, 04:57 PM
What would "really" be best is if you'd pull this damn tooth for me and not charge me a fortune....lol

Sure, it sounds like fun and I'd even buy a new pair of Visegrips....

swampdragon
10-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Sure, it sounds like fun and I'd even buy a new pair of Visegrips....

LOL....
I prefer Craftsman if it matters.

HDR
10-18-2010, 05:13 PM
LOL....
I prefer Craftsman if it matters.

I would not have offered using some Chinese knock off crap

abpt1
10-18-2010, 05:35 PM

yep

You cant take back a bullet and the same goes for a pill .

Mark Ducati
10-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Swamp.. I made this offer before, I'm great a surgery... if any members here are close to North Georgia and want to make the drive, I'll pull your tooth for free.

swampdragon
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Swamp.. I made this offer before, I'm great a surgery... if any members here are close to North Georgia and want to make the drive, I'll pull your tooth for free.

I was just kidding Mark.
It would cost me more in gas to go to Georgia than a local dentist visit.
Thanks however, that's really cool of you.

blacksheep
10-18-2010, 06:07 PM

For god's sake swampy thats the only way I take medication, alcohol makes the pills go down better.:thumbspbig:

Demerol please.:pray:

JTHunter
10-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Swampy - the dentist is correct about the antibiotics. The problem is YOU have to put up with the pain, pressure, and possibly, leakage from the abcess. You can try a hot compress against the lump as that will help with blood flow to the area, getting both antibiotics and pain relief to the area faster. If you can't stuff a small clean washcloth soaked in red-hot water up against that sore inside your mouth, try taking a slug of water as HOT as you can stand it and hold it for 20-30 seconds (or until it gets cooler) against that area, then spit and repeat.
If the problem isn't revolved promptly, the infection can get into your middle or inner ear, causing deafness, or into the jaw causing bone loss.
GOOD LUCK!

Mark Ducati
10-19-2010, 07:01 AM
JT,

I respectfully disagree... when you have a dental abcess I tell my patients NOT to put anything hot against it... pain medicine does not work centrally! It acts upon the opiate receptors in the brain. As for anti-biotics, they don't kill the bacteria... they weaken it to the point that your own body can fight them off... they weaken them by different means like breaking down their cell wall or making it difficult for them to replicate.

Again... HEAT is a no no, that will get too much blood from the vessels in the side of your neck causing it to become more inflammed and swell more. I tell my patients to use ice, on for 10min off for 10min.

Swamp, you may also note that it will hurt more when you try to sleep, that's because when you are horizontal and your head is at the same level as your heart, blood pressure flows easier to your head... try to put an extra pillow behind you and elevate your head, this may take the pounding feeling off of the jaw.

This can be serious... next go around the antibiotic may not work, this is called resistance.. also, you might want to look up the term "Ludwig's Angina".... this is a condition when the abcess starts to spread down your neck as the infection starts dissecting its way through the different muscles layers... this can get so large it closes off your wind pipe in your sleep.... let it go long enough and it can spread to the media stinum around your heart.

I know times are tough, but a long standing abcess can kill you.

swampdragon
10-19-2010, 11:43 AM
JT,

I respectfully disagree... when you have a dental abcess I tell my patients NOT to put anything hot against it... pain medicine does not work centrally! It acts upon the opiate receptors in the brain. As for anti-biotics, they don't kill the bacteria... they weaken it to the point that your own body can fight them off... they weaken them by different means like breaking down their cell wall or making it difficult for them to replicate.

Again... HEAT is a no no, that will get too much blood from the vessels in the side of your neck causing it to become more inflammed and swell more. I tell my patients to use ice, on for 10min off for 10min.

Swamp, you may also note that it will hurt more when you try to sleep, that's because when you are horizontal and your head is at the same level as your heart, blood pressure flows easier to your head... try to put an extra pillow behind you and elevate your head, this may take the pounding feeling off of the jaw.

This can be serious... next go around the antibiotic may not work, this is called resistance.. also, you might want to look up the term "Ludwig's Angina".... this is a condition when the abcess starts to spread down your neck as the infection starts dissecting its way through the different muscles layers... this can get so large it closes off your wind pipe in your sleep.... let it go long enough and it can spread to the media stinum around your heart.

I know times are tough, but a long standing abcess can kill you.

You're totally right about the laying down thing.
It hurts more.
And when I'm standing up and bend over, like to tie my shoe or something, the pounding is horrible!

The abscess is going away however, so I guess the antibiotics are working..."this" time anyways.
The weird part is that even though it's an upper tooth, my lower jaw hurts too.
And the gland in my throat hurts and is swollen too.
But it seems to be getting better some.
The tooth itself is the least painful of all.
In fact it almost doesn't hurt at all any more.
Is this normal?

Mark Ducati
10-19-2010, 11:59 AM
As the nerve dies, it hurts less and less... then the pain comes from the abcessed cyst around the tooth... all that inflamation and pus is very acidic, its dissolving the calcium around the end of the tooth root... eventually as this abcess in the medulary bone makes its way to the corical plate of the upper jaw, it will worm a hole through it and when that abcess can now touch the periosteum (connective tissue layer on the bone), that gets inflammed and the abcess starts to fill like a pus bag... hopefully it will rupture/drain to relieve the pressure... if not, it can swell big enough to spread and kill you as I already said.

The danger in letting an abcess fester too long, not only death in the most extreme case, but as the bone is destroyed around the good tooth, that can spread to an adjacent tooth and you might lose a good tooth next to it too.

swampdragon
10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
As the nerve dies, it hurts less and less... then the pain comes from the abcessed cyst around the tooth... all that inflamation and pus is very acidic, its dissolving the calcium around the end of the tooth root... eventually as this abcess in the medulary bone makes its way to the corical plate of the upper jaw, it will worm a hole through it and when that abcess can now touch the periosteum (connective tissue layer on the bone), that gets inflammed and the abcess starts to fill like a pus bag... hopefully it will rupture/drain to relieve the pressure... if not, it can swell big enough to spread and kill you as I already said.

The danger in letting an abcess fester too long, not only death in the most extreme case, but as the bone is destroyed around the good tooth, that can spread to an adjacent tooth and you might lose a good tooth next to it too.

Well, the lump itself is smaller now.
So I guess it's draining.
I'm not all that fond of this "death by tooth" thing.
I'll knock it out with a rock before it gets that bad...lol
I appreciate all the info Doc.

Mark Ducati
10-19-2010, 01:05 PM
A Rock? Use an ice skate!

http://www.whatever-dude.com/wdimages/pposts/castaway3.jpg

Dr. Gonzo GED
10-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Used to dig it. Then I had it prescribed for some serious post-op pain management a couple of times. it was only fun for the first 72 hours, after that it really started to suck...

Now I think Aliens is better... ;)

swampdragon
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
I... have made FIRE!