PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who think 922(r) is stupid,

imanaknut
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
For your information, that favorite number 922(r) has been changed. The new number is found in ATF codified regulations, Title 27, 478.39.

From this time forward, the new height of stupidity is when a stupid regulation is rewritten and is just as stupid as before.

As I have stated many times in the past, what about "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?

F-16 CHIEF
07-18-2010, 09:36 PM
That just rolls off the tongue.

Now sites can sell parts that are Title 27 478.39 compliant!!!!

Typical ATF.

imanaknut
07-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Decided to stick this thread for a while. Looks like ATF is continuing their uncontrolled romp around our rights.

imanaknut
07-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Or to those who can't find the ATF site:

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div5&view=text&node=27:3.0.1.2.3&idno=27

Then look up 478.39

old Grump
10-05-2010, 03:48 PM
I thought at first you meant my H&R 922 revolver

http://store.vintagepaperads.com/catalog/RR195.jpg

Penguin
10-05-2010, 06:23 PM
The ATF quite posibly has to be the dumbest or at the very least the most dificult government agency.

skatedcshoes
03-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Anything to make it more confusing.

Sergi762
03-23-2011, 09:45 AM
just great..I mean bloody brilliant! they can't help but out due themselves on needless regulation. 10 Non US parts only? SOD OFF!

Infidel
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, I might as well introduce myself to the feds too, since I can't figure out if I am legal or not. Maybe one of them will have the decency to reply and straighten this mess out, without raiding my home. I am trying to be legal.
I bought a Zastava, with the harmless 10 round magazine. I wanted to convert it over to the evil 30 round magazine. So, I got my trusty dremel out and started to whittle. I finally got the gaping hole in the bottom of my pretty little Yugo big enough to accept a 30 round mag. Hmmmm.. This doesn't work. The single stackers will still work, but the doubles just don't work. I'm scared now! Finally figure out I need a double stacker bolt. Apex is a great place! However, the bolt I bought is an evil Yugoslavian piece of stainless steel. To be a good American, I bought a Tapco trigger group too. That counts as 3 parts. Since I replaced an evil bolt with another evil bolt it doesn't count. How many parts do I need to change to make my gun a peace loving American firearm? This is starting to sound like some twisted math question.
I happen to like the stock. Uh oh it's Yugo! I own 3 Tapco mags, but the old Bulgarian one I also own will make me a blood drooling killer! What friggin moron wrote this crap? And HOW is this supposed to make us safer? From whom?
I was at Giant Eagle getting some vittles and reading from their library in Shotgun News about building a Suomi from a parts kit. The author said to NOT attach the short barrel to the frame without lengthening it to 16", otherwise your head would explode and the feds would know (They are watching you through your tv. Remember "Big Brother is Watching!). That article is what really started to make me reconsider all of the legal parts. Especially since I saw an American set of rivets on-line. Does that count as a part? Even the author of the article was concerned about his Suomi and had gotten his parts count down to 9.
On one of the other threads they were talking about some poor guy who was pitched in prison for 30 months for having a malfunction with a semi-auto. It started to slam fire with soft primered ammo. Something that could happen to any of us. Is it just my opinion that we have reached critical mass with our own government? They no longer fear us, we fear them. Wrongheaded thinking! No I don't think 922r is stupid. It's extremely dangerous. :think:

mel_massey1
11-05-2012, 09:49 PM
The most dangerous people in the United States are the one's who try and write our laws and take away our rights...Remember, You can't fix Stupid.

whitelightning777
01-29-2013, 12:17 AM
The front of the gas piston can unscrew from the bolt carrier and be replaced with a US tapco part. The forearm furniture around the gas tube can be removed and replaced with US parts.

There is also a possibility that the US made tech sights can replace the imported dust cover and rear sights, but with PAP I'm not 100% sure if it will work. Of course, the stock can be swapped for one US made. I think that there is a slant to straight back adapter for it, but forgot who makes it.

If someone makes a front sight post, replacing that is a no-brainer. Just use calipers to get a measurement before removal.

filthy phil
01-29-2013, 06:42 AM
I had a us made piston installed to comply with 922 years back. My first outing rapid fire that pos warped on me so bad I had to lay therifle on the bench with the charging handle down and work the action with my leg. Damn thing still fired though.
Put the old piston back in and problem solved.
Us floorplates would be a beta option, imho

jmwilson
03-17-2013, 07:01 AM
All my Arsenal and NDS rifles were built by a professional gunsmith. It has been: an AK type rifle needed 6 US parts. These rifles have no (3) Barrel extensions (10) Trigger housing, and I was thinking there was another part. If you count up, from 20, and add 2, so 8 from 20 leaves 12 foreign parts. After all the recent shootings, I have a serial numbered full made UG mag especially for a particular rifle, so this leaves me with a rifle with 9 foreign parts. Each rifle has a printed 20 parts list that includes the serial number. As a side note, Arsenal made a chrome plated tool steel gas piston. Just because a magnet sticks to it, does not mean is foreign.

I’m not trying to change the subject, but is there a sticky that list letters to our elected officials? May be the wrong forum.

Mike