PDA

View Full Version : Once Again- Found my Republican Judicial Candidates

matshock
10-17-2010, 02:12 PM
For some reason this year the Republican Party of Nevada did not list their candidates for the state/local judiciary.

Here in Nevada they list such offices on the ballot as "NP"- non-partisan; like hell they are.

So I had to go through each one and figure it out.

Thanks to the Democrats using a cookie-cutter web page directory for their candidates and slapping SEIU endorsements on them I was able to figure it out pretty quickly.

Don't forget to take out the local trash too!

LAGC
10-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Here in Idaho, we vote for judges in the primaries. Most of them are non-partisan too, but most of them run unopposed. Politics don't really affect the position of judges that much, since they don't get to pick and choose which laws they have to enforce. I guess some can argue they are more "tough on crime" than the other, or weigh in on issues like the Death Penalty or something, but they're not as critical as those who make laws and set the penalties in the first place.

mriddick
10-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Who becomes a Judge is probably the most important votes we can cast. I think it's a good thing you take the time to figure who is atleast aligned with the party supposedly more conservative, I would never put someone I knew was a liberal on the bench.