PDA

View Full Version : I'm not surprised the freeloader-in-chief is doing this...

skorpion
03-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Barack Insane Hussein Gibs-Me-Dat Moabama is requesting an 18% pay raise for his post-presidency pay checks. Meanwhile, Social "Security" is drying up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/18/obama-seeks-hike-in-post-presidency-payments.html?intcmp=hplnws

Payments

By Morgan Chalfant Published March 18, 2016 Washington Free Beacon

President Obama sought to increase the amount of money available for the federal government to spend on former presidents in advance of his White House exit.

In his budget requests for fiscal years 2016 and 2017, Obama proposed hikes in the appropriations for expenditures of former presidents, according to a report from the Congressional Research Service published Wednesday.

The report, which discusses the pensions and other federal benefits offered to former commanders-in-chief by way of the Former Presidents Act, specifies that Obama’s 2017 budget proposes a nearly 18 percent hike in appropriations for expenditures of former presidents. He successfully requested an increase in such appropriations for fiscal year 2016.

“The President’s FY2017 budget request seeks $3,865,000 in appropriations for expenditures for former Presidents, an increase of $588,000 (17.9%) from the FY2016 appropriation level. The increase in requested appropriations for FY2017 anticipates President Barack Obama’s transition from incumbent to former President,” the report reads.

“For FY2016, President Obama requested and received appropriations of $3,277,000 for expenditures for former Presidents–an increase of $25,000 from FY2015 appropriated levels.”

The Former Presidents Act, enacted in 1958, provides living former presidents with a pension, office staff and support, funds for travel, Secret Service protection, and mailing privileges. It also provides benefits for presidential spouses. Currently, former presidents are awarded a pension equal to the salary of cabinet secretaries, which totaled $203,700 for the 2015 calendar year and was boosted by $2,000 for the current calendar year.

alismith
03-18-2016, 10:07 AM
Well, he pushed for a minimum wage for the rest of the peoples, so I'm guessing he doesn't want to be left out of the minimum wages for past Presidents.

After all, it's fair as everyone else is getting a similar raise, too. (Just ask any Dimocrat about this.)

Anyway, he's done so much for the common people of the USA, that it's only fair to pay him back for all that....

;)

5.56NATO
03-18-2016, 10:07 AM
He's going to turn the screws as hard as he can in his last days in office.

Unless the nwo pulls a fast one and 0bama stays in office due to some fabricated "crisis".

alismith
03-18-2016, 10:09 AM

Unless the nwo pulls a fast one and 0bama stays in office due to some fabricated "crisis".

The only "crisis" I can see is that he's still President.

rci2950
03-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Showing his true color.

sevlex
03-18-2016, 12:11 PM
How about an 18% pay cut?

It's for the children, you know.

:coffee:

alismith
03-18-2016, 01:17 PM
How about an 18% pay cut?

It's for the children, you know.

:coffee:

But, but, but, he needs that increase to pay for his children's dinner dresses. After all, the last ones cost about $20,000 each; and who knows how many more dinners he'll throw before he leaves office?.

He can't live on anything less than that increase. He's gotta look after his own kids, ya know....

He NEEDS that money....

imanaknut
03-18-2016, 02:03 PM
I can see where he would need the money. After all, being a millionaire isn't enough since he is putting his pampered children through private schooling. Good schools are expensive, so being a millionaire isn't enough to afford the schools, so he needs the raise to cover his kids... it's for the children...

Makes me sick.

Helen Keller
03-18-2016, 02:26 PM
He is the perfect picture of everything wrong with the present day democratic party.

Schuetzenman
03-18-2016, 06:52 PM
:1112ft6: My responce.

Phil125
03-18-2016, 11:15 PM
He's only worth 11.8 million so you gotta stay out of the poorhouse ya know.

jet3534
03-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Obama is a Government employee. There was no COLA for Civil Service Federal employees this year, therefore there should be no COLA for retired Presidents.

JTHunter
03-20-2016, 11:47 PM

This has been one of my concerns for over a year. Any way he can declare martial law and stay in the WH.

Helen Keller
03-21-2016, 08:11 AM
This has been one of my concerns for over a year. Any way he can declare martial law and stay in the WH.

The libs said the same about Bush.

ltorlo64
03-21-2016, 12:43 PM
My wife and I were talking about this. Each ex-president is expected (if not required) to maintain some administrative staff to answer letters and requests unique to being an ex-president. For those responsibilities I don't mind the nation picking up the tab. Currently there are 4 living ex-presidents, so each gets about $819,000. I would think they could maintain a minimal administrative staff and a place for them to work for about $500,000 a year, which is less than what he will get ($655,000) when he leaves the office. Raising this makes no sense, except to someone who is about to be a recipient of it and has an outsized understanding of him importance when he leaves office.

Gunner1558
03-21-2016, 08:44 PM
He's only worth 11.8 million so you gotta stay out of the poorhouse ya know.

You know he is going to be just as broke as the klintons were whet they left the White House.

he and his family have only cost the taxpayers 1.4 billion dollars so far.