PDA

View Full Version : 3rd world madness- goat sacrifice ceremony India- 10 killed LMAO

filthy phil
10-18-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/news/world/2010/10/17/15723771.html
Ten people were killed during a goat sacrificing ceremony northern India Sunday when arguments broke out over whose goat would be sacrificed first.

The Los Angeles Times reports that more than 40,000 people, many of whom were inebriated, took their sacrificial goats to the Tildiha village temple in Bihar state to pray to the goddess Durga on the last day of the Navratri festival.

"People were vying with each other to get their goats sacrificed first, and they had a verbal duel with the butcher," Banka district spokesman Gupdeshwar Kumar told the paper.

When fights started to break out in front of the butcher's block, a stampede ensued and four women and six men were trampled to death with another 11 injured.

About 30,000 goats were sacrificed at the temple the day before.

The Navratri festival celebrates the Mother Goddess in the Hindu religion.

:laugh:

mriddick
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/news/world/2010/10/17/15723771.html
:laugh:

Hinduism is a very odd mix of ancient and modern beliefs, they have some very weird sects within thier group.

Kadmos
10-18-2010, 02:58 PM
At least it had to do with religion and food, here we trample people to death for discounts on electronics day after thanksgiving, at sporting events, or to get closer to the stage at rock concerts.

AKTexas
10-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Millions of starving people in the world and they sacrifice their goats to goddess Durga?I'd be asking her for a refund on some goat.

jojo
10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
You just can't make this shit up.

HDR
10-18-2010, 04:55 PM
At least it had to do with religion and food, here we trample people to death for discounts on electronics day after thanksgiving, at sporting events, or to get closer to the stage at rock concerts.

Well said.

azhonkey
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
not a good day for the goats.

alismith
10-18-2010, 05:01 PM
The Hindus just haven't figured out that Durga doesn't want goat sacrifices, she wants human sacrifices. Only 10 dead out of 40,000? I'd say Durga got short-changed.

Just wait. It's not a good thing to piss a goddess off. Those Hindus are in for it now, you betcha.

HDR
10-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Just wait. It's not a good thing to piss a goddess off. Those Hindus are in for it now, you betcha.

Not 0bama, that is too cruel.

Kadmos
10-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Millions of starving people in the world and they sacrifice their goats to goddess Durga?I'd be asking her for a refund on some goat.

Animal sacrifice = prayer BBQ

Silly to get upset over it, figure at least these animals have someone care enough to pray over them, most others go straight to the pot.

It's just like saying grace over a meal, just doing it before the killing takes place, that's all.

AKTexas
10-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Animal sacrifice = prayer BBQ

Silly to get upset over it, figure at least these animals have someone care enough to pray over them, most others go straight to the pot.

It's just like saying grace over a meal, just doing it before the killing takes place, that's all.

I never understood the animal sacrifice.I figured once it was given as an offering it was not longer meant to consumed by the ones offering.I always thought it was wasted.

Kadmos
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I never understood the animal sacrifice.I figured once it was given as an offering it was not longer meant to consumed by the ones offering.I always thought it was wasted.

That kind of animal sacrifice is actually very rare anywhere in the world.

Basically, you have your animal and when it comes time to slaughter you "sacrifce it", ritual slaughter is a closer to accurate term.

Usually something is done with the blood, some sort of pius act, be it burning, collecting in a bowl, or pouring it on something or someone.

Then for most cultures, they butcher the animal and have the ritual feast to honor the deity.

After that the leftovers (bones, fat, etc.) become a burnt offering to the deity..most cultures will add something else to this, a handful of grain, some wine, a weapon, or a carving.

The greeks even had a story to explain this, with Prometheus tricking Zeus into accepting thigh bones wrapped in fat rather than an actual meat sacrifice, which allowed humans to keep the meat.

Basically you have the animal, to eat it you have to kill it, so you go for the brownie points with your diety and sacrifice it to him/them, throw a party in the deities honor, toss bones in the fire and call it a good day...it's amazing how that nearly exact pattern is/was found just about everywhere in the world.

It's gotta go back to caveman times, thank whoever for the good days hunt, roast up the meat, toss the bones in the fire.

MOP
10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
India knows how to keep its Muzzie Population in line.

Didn't they hang the Mumbai Terrorist recently ?