PDA

View Full Version : UFO's over El Paso?

El Jefe
10-18-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for these lights, such as a meteor or flares dropped by the military, but it is mildly interesting and I like the fact that the news crew used the X-Files music. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEtTl9cGrJc

AKTexas
10-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Not UFOs,just illegals being launched from a catapult.

El Jefe
10-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Not UFOs,just illegals being launched from a catapult.

..........while on fire! :p

AKTexas
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
..........while on fire! :p

Glow sticks and parachutes.

swampdragon
10-18-2010, 03:30 PM
That was pretty cool!

NY and Texas too?
That's what makes it even more interesting....

O.S.O.K.
10-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Weird - then they spring the airshow info at the end... but I have to admit - that was strange looking.

swampdragon
10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Weird - then they spring the airshow info at the end... but I have to admit - that was strange looking.

The air show thing only applied to Texas.
But it did kinda look like HALO jumpers.

HDR
10-24-2010, 06:17 AM
Hopefully ET has come to take 0bama home.

Arnulf
10-29-2010, 05:56 PM
They said on the news that the NY lights were balloons from a kids birthday party.....the usual bs explanation.

Hochmeister
10-29-2010, 10:55 PM
I'll be honest, I totally believe in UFO's. That's not to say I believe in every little BS story I hear, but I don't easily dismiss strange sightings like a lot of other people do because it's just ignorant.

johnbob
11-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Nothing to see folks. Move along.

I was raised in East El Paso, and this isn't news.

The lights were illumination flares. Most of the Ft. Bliss maneuver areas start on the north edge of E.P. and rub for about 50 miles to the north.

We used to see them all the time. They'll hang there for a few mintues and then burn out.

El Jefe
11-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I'll be honest, I totally believe in UFO's. That's not to say I believe in every little BS story I hear, but I don't easily dismiss strange sightings like a lot of other people do because it's just ignorant.

Really? So um, where do you think they come from and just how the hell could they possibly get here? Even if they could travel several light years of space to visit us, why would they bother?

HDR
11-07-2010, 06:24 AM
The lights were illumination flares. Most of the Ft. Bliss maneuver areas start on the north edge of E.P. and rub for about 50 miles to the north.

We used to see them all the time. They'll hang there for a few mintues and then burn out.

If you are close enough the falling canisters used to make an odd noise.

Really? So um, where do you think they come from and just how the hell could they possibly get here? Even if they could travel several light years of space to visit us, why would they bother?

Leaving man out of the equation, there is very little waste in nature. IMO, its a little egotistic to believe the whole universe has waited eons for us to arrive.. lol However, your why would they bother is one hell of a valid question..

As you recently posted that you and your son went hiking; perhaps the UFOs are ET's zoo tours?

lol

johnbob
11-09-2010, 10:18 AM
After looking at the video, it doesn't look like flares.

Anyway, the locals used to call the news to report a UFOs everytime there were flares over the desert.