PDA

View Full Version : Just in case anyone cares....(the reason I have not been around)

jjeez
10-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I started my own business.
I know it may not be the best time with the economy but it was the best time for me considering my old job situation.

All is going pretty well so I expect to be here more often again.

j

swampdragon
10-19-2010, 07:05 PM
So you finally decided to be your own pimp huh?
Congrats!

Mark Ducati
10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Good for you J,

No matter how much or how little the business does matters not... there's something extremely satisfiying about being the boss, setting your own hours, and only having to answer to yourself... but in truth, the customers are the boss.

I learned a long time ago... doesn't matter if your fixing someone's house, their car, or their teeth... if you would do in business what you'd do for your own family, you will be successful.

Is it too early to tell what your business is?

jjeez
10-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Good for you J,

No matter how much or how little the business does matters not... there's something extremely satisfiying about being the boss, setting your own hours, and only having to answer to yourself... but in truth, the customers are the boss.

I learned a long time ago... doesn't matter if your fixing someone's house, their car, or their teeth... if you would do in business what you'd do for your own family, you will be successful.

Is it too early to tell what your business is?

IT Managed Service Provider. Things are going well at this point. I have 3 clients, one is a very large dentist in the area!
j

aliceinchains
10-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I wish you the best of luck. But if you succeed in the long run that would be best.

mriddick
10-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Good job (pun intended)

jjeez
10-20-2010, 08:20 AM
thanks guys!

MOP
10-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Congratulations !

slamfire51
10-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Good luck in your endeavor.

ubersoldate
10-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Im at the tail end of the self employed spectrum..Im going to work for someone else as of the first of the year. Did it for 12 years, loved and hated it, and learned alot!

Congrats to you and best of luck!

insider
10-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Who did you say you are?

Welcome back to the fold.:the-man:

Uber, do something about your post count, it's freaking me out!

Kadmos
10-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Congrats and best wishes for success beyond your expectations.

jjeez
10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Im at the tail end of the self employed spectrum..Im going to work for someone else as of the first of the year. Did it for 12 years, loved and hated it, and learned alot!

Congrats to you and best of luck!
Yeah, thanks a lot for making your post in my thread the 666th post....That should give me good luck!
What do you do Uber? this could stay small or get much larger, hard to tell at this point. I am not sure I even want it to get larger. Maybe someday ill go back to work fro someone else...

ubersoldate
10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah, thanks a lot for making your post in my thread the 666th post....That should give me good luck!
What do you do Uber? this could stay small or get much larger, hard to tell at this point. I am not sure I even want it to get larger. Maybe someday ill go back to work fro someone else...

Haha...sorry bout the neative devil vibes!

I was a contractor in AZ, framing, drywall, stucco and painting.
Licensed, bonded, insured and incorporated. Never hired a day labor non english speaking worker EVER.

But this economy, the lack of border laws letting in zillions of those who can underbid everything I do, higher taxes than I have ever seen, and the new green laws for my materials going up, has made it so I am shutting my doors.

One more business closing up shop due to the economy.

Alot of good years, and I enjoyed working, but time for something a little more stable for me.

Good luck friend, its hard work, but its worth it...

El Laton Caliente
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM
J, good going!

Uber, sorry to hear your closing shop but with the housing market I'm almost surprised it wasn't sooner... Changing line of work?

jjeez
10-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Haha...sorry bout the neative devil vibes!

I was a contractor in AZ, framing, drywall, stucco and painting.
Licensed, bonded, insured and incorporated. Never hired a day labor non english speaking worker EVER.

But this economy, the lack of border laws letting in zillions of those who can underbid everything I do, higher taxes than I have ever seen, and the new green laws for my materials going up, has made it so I am shutting my doors.

One more business closing up shop due to the economy.

Alot of good years, and I enjoyed working, but time for something a little more stable for me.

Good luck friend, its hard work, but its worth it...
That is a shame, It is not as bad up here in PA as it is down there. I was in CA for business a few years back and saw all kinds of day laborers outside the home depot in the AM. What will you do? new career or the same thing for someone else?

ubersoldate
10-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Change is good, so to me, nothing is negative. One door closes another opens.
I have some family who have offered me a position in the logging, saw mill industry in northern california, and I think I will try my hand at that, If it doesnt pan out, then its off to get my CDL...

I would rather workoutside though, I dont like working inside very much..But we have to do what we have to do to keep on keepin on!

El Duce
10-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Best of luck to you! My wife is a business owner. (It's an expensive hobby for her.)

She does retail. The economy has hit us a bit. But with my job. There is a steady paycheck, and insureance.

MDE
10-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Best of luck to you. I hope it works out just the way you want it to.

Mike