PDA

View Full Version : Trucks are about to get even more expensive to purchase and operate

skorpion
08-17-2016, 10:44 AM
For the sake of globull warming, the 0bongoloid administration is approving stricter fuel efficiency standards for all trucks - everything from the 2500HD in your driveway to your kid's school bus to the big rigs hauling 53' trailers. Translation? Trucks and diesels are about to get even more expensive than they already are.

Bunch of hogwash.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/08/17/administration-oks-new-fuel-efficiency-standards-for-trucks/

The Obama administration says it's continuing to address global warming by adopting previously announced standards to make large trucks, buses and other heavy-duty vehicles more fuel efficient.

These vehicles account for more than one-fifth of transportation-related fuel consumption and the emission of greenhouse gases that are blamed for harming the environment.

The Environmental Protection Agency and the Transportation Department say the standards will cut carbon pollution, save vehicle owners billions of dollars in fuel costs and conserve tens of billions of gallons of oil.

The standards require up to 25 percent lower carbon emissions and fuel consumption for certain tractors.

Heavy duty pickups and vans would have to become 2.5 percent more efficient annually between model years 2021 and 2027.

An earlier round of fuel-efficiency standards applied to vehicle model years 2014-2018. The standards being adopted Tuesday apply through 2027.

The administration says it will also spend nearly $140 million to help develop technologies to make these vehicles more fuel efficient.

Altarboy
08-17-2016, 12:37 PM
And that means everything that is moved by a truck gets more expensive.

Helen Keller
08-17-2016, 12:58 PM
another reason to vote for trump. this "save the world" bullshit is out of hand.

alismith
08-17-2016, 04:47 PM
another reason to vote for trump. this "save the world" bullshit is out of hand.

We need to "save the world" from Hitlery.

Gunner1558
08-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Maybe they should start checking the railroad engines. I have seen some that discharge enough crap to darken the sun.

Phil125
08-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Somebody needs to start a kit truck company. Buy everything but the engine. Then drop the engine in later. Would be a way around the regulation maybe. Similar to buying the reciever for an AR-15.

That's why I own a 1983 F-150 4wd, 4 speed granny gear, with the I6 300 in it. Regulate :aktion052_msnemotic this! 107k on it now. I can put another 2 or 300 k on that engine! Ride it right into the grave!

JTHunter
08-19-2016, 09:28 PM
This news makes me glad I have a 2008 Ford Ranger with less than 10K miles on it! :D