PDA

View Full Version : Segregating By Ethnicity

alismith
09-08-2016, 09:21 PM
One Danish school is separating its students by ethnicity. If they're immigrants, or have parents who are immigrants, they are placed in a different class from Danish students.

Some critics are not happy with this, and other, decisions:

"Opponents of such policies say that Denmark is increasingly isolating itself and portraying the country as unwelcoming to refugees and others. The number of refugees coming to the country has decreased significantly as a result."

If Denmark is trying to stem the flow of illegal immigrants, I'd say they're on the right path.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/08/a-danish-school-now-separates-children-by-ethnicity/

T2K
09-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Immigrants means not Danish citizens. That isn't ethnicity. It's like when people say Trump is racist because he says something about "Mexicans" or "Illegal Immigrants" - there is no ethnic or race component to that. An immigrant from Russia could be the same race / ethnicity as Danes but would, presumably, still be treated the same if it's based on immigration status.

alismith
09-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Immigrants means not Danish citizens. That isn't ethnicity. It's like when people say Trump is racist because he says something about "Mexicans" or "Illegal Immigrants" - there is no ethnic or race component to that. An immigrant from Russia could be the same race / ethnicity as Danes but would, presumably, still be treated the same if it's based on immigration status.

Just stating it the way the article stated it. (I know what you mean.)

skorpion
09-09-2016, 03:38 PM
If Denmark is trying to stem the flow of illegal immigrants, I'd say they're on the right path.

Yep, sounds like it's working. Now if only we had a wall at the southern US border with armed volunteers shooting at anyone crossing the line, north-bound illegal immigration would drop like Illary's lung butter in a drinking glass.

T2K
09-12-2016, 11:38 AM
The roof is leaking. There is some water damage on your floor.

Question:
Do you discuss with your wife how to repair the floor, or fix the damn hole in the roof?!

Because we've been doing the former for decades and just halfass duct-taping the roof.