PDA

View Full Version : Is there gonna be gas north of Kentucky?

Altarboy
09-17-2016, 07:50 AM
We need to go to Minnesota today, and Tennessee is out of gas. We have enough to get through Ky.

Woogiebear
09-17-2016, 07:54 AM
What do you mean "Tennessee is out of gas"? How does a state, an entire state run out of gas?

Altarboy
09-17-2016, 08:19 AM
There was a busted pipeline that cut supply roughly 30%. People panicked and now its gone. Lines are long where its not.

Full Otto
09-17-2016, 09:04 AM
We have it here as far as I know but I haven't left home in a couple of days

Dan Morris
09-17-2016, 09:43 AM
IMO....if refineries were located in more central locations these things would not be of this magnitude.....greenies/libs/ epa...ain't gonna happen....good luck.
Dan

Altarboy
09-17-2016, 09:51 AM
So far so good. We are going to Finland Mn. Gonna hike the SHT about 55 miles

BISHOP
09-17-2016, 10:10 AM
WOW!!!
Ours gets shipped by, well, ships... Up the rivers to storage tank. It also gets transported by tanker trucks.

BISHOP

imanaknut
09-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Considering this country has not built a new refinery in longer than many people have been alive, not surprising that one leak can take down the whole south east USA. Granted many have been updated and are now more efficient, but with all the new drivers/cars on the road, more refineries would really be nice.

As of this moment, gasoline is still available in central Indiana with prices ranging $2.00 +/- 25 cents. Of course as the local news screams and cries about the shut down pipeline, I am sure prices will make them happy and go up.

l921428x
09-18-2016, 09:12 AM
Considering this country has not built a new refinery in longer than many people have been alive, not surprising that one leak can take down the whole south east USA. Granted many have been updated and are now more efficient, but with all the new drivers/cars on the road, more refineries would really be nice.

As of this moment, gasoline is still available in central Indiana with prices ranging $2.00 +/- 25 cents. Of course as the local news screams and cries about the shut down pipeline, I am sure prices will make them happy and go up.

I have not been out today but i do know that fuel has gone from 2.09 on Tues.
to 2.39 Saturday night.

Yeah it has been IIRC 30+ years since we have built a refinery. We are trapped by a .gov
that cares for power and constantly (thru their incompetence) shows our enemies the path
to cause real harm.:dedhorse:

1 Patriot-of-many
09-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Plenty of gas in MN, refinery south of the twin cities.

JTHunter
09-18-2016, 10:04 PM
In the area of Illinois near St. Louis, prices are running from $1.959-$2.119.
St. Louis prices are $1.859-$1.999.

Altarboy
09-25-2016, 08:16 PM
Well, we made it there and back. The Superior Hiking Trail was amazing. There was plenty of gas until we got back to Tennessee. A few Nashville and Boro stations were out, but once we got a few miles east of Murfreesboro, there was plenty.

tank_monkey
09-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Ever notice that the Federal government has allowed the regions to basically have a monopoly on gasoline supplies. Remember when Phoenix had a shortage. NO ONE could sell them surplus gasoline. It was illegal. The only gasoline that was legal to sell in the Phoenix area was a mix that was approved by the local politicians. Same thing with California. We can only use gasoline that's an 'approved' mixture in this state. No other state can help us out in a shortage. Same thing with you guys.

If someone got rid of these ridiculous prohibitions on gasoline sales, other regions can siphon off gasoline and help you guys out.