PDA

View Full Version : Ford Ranger and Bronco accidentally confirmed

skorpion
10-01-2016, 06:27 AM
Looks like UAW plant chairman Bill Johnson accidentally spilled the beans when speaking about Trump's comments on moving vehicle manufacturing to Mexico. Small vehicle production is being moved to Mexico to make way for the new Bronco and Ranger that will be built in the same plant that made the old Bronco back in the day. I am excited to see what the new Bronco will look like, but I am not getting my hopes up that it will be anything like the old solid-axle body-on-frame Broncos.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2016/09/30/trumps-attack-on-ford-reveals-return-ranger-and-bronco.html

Speaking to the Detroit News about the presidential candidate’s continued criticism of the automaker’s plan, Bill Johnson, the UAW plant chairman for the factory that is at the center of the switch, revealed the still-secret vehicles that the compact Focus and hybrid C-Max models are making way for.

Johnson told the newspaper that “Trump needs to get his facts straight,” and said that other automakers have already shifted less profitable small car manufacturing south of the border.

“We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does,” he said.

Altarboy
10-01-2016, 07:13 AM
Awesome. I love both vehicles. Sadly, the new Ranger will star at 16k and the Bronco around 40k.

Hatedbysheeple
10-01-2016, 07:18 AM
Still doesn't excuse them building plants in Mexico instead of building new ones in the US. I understand the unions are costing the company insane amount s of money but there are plenty of non-Union areas in the us they could build.

IIRC, there was a foreign car plant down south not to long ago that even held a workers vote to unionize and they voted against it by a resounding majority.

1 Patriot-of-many
10-01-2016, 01:09 PM
WTF? A few years ago or maybe longer, my memory sucks, they shut down the ranger plant here in the twin cities. I've had a couple rangers and a broncoII loved them. very dependable.
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2011/12/16/ford-plant-closing-last-ranger

Dan Morris
10-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Early Bronc was bullet proof..............so was the early Scout!
Dan

Helen Keller
10-01-2016, 04:24 PM
i imagine the prices will be outlandish just like all of fords products anymore.

alismith
10-01-2016, 08:22 PM
So, it seems that Trump does know what he's talking about. Imagine that....

Phil125
10-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Now matter what they will probably not make them like they used too.

sevlex
10-02-2016, 10:47 AM
I will definitely give the Ranger a look when it's time to trade in my Taco.

I had a Ranger xcab previously, but needed a 4-door with a long bed. The only way to get that in a Ford was go to the F150, which was more truck than I wanted. The Sport-tac would have been ok except for the tiny box out back. Useless, in my opinion. One nice thing about the Taco is I can lay a rifle case cross-wise in the bed. That was impossible in the Ranger.

Dan Morris
10-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Now matter what they will probably not make them like they used too.

If on line pics are true, I see a lot of plastic/composite........sta bueno in a off road!!!!! I like functional stuff!