PDA

View Full Version : Elk 16

Dan Morris
10-18-2016, 01:45 PM
As promised....three dudes are Paul, Tony and me Marc did pictures. Meadow where bull appeared at day brake....still too dam dark to get at accurate point count....at 10600 feet we didn't want any mistakes. Dude stopped behind the two trees that we were sitting on a log behind....turned and went straight into timber.....never saw him again. Came home Sunday to get treatment for severe Bronchitis case....never experienced before....simply could not recover breathing!
Best group I have ever hunted with!
Dan:cool1:

skorpion
10-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Beautiful hunting area - thanks for sharing pictures. How's the bronchitis?

Dan Morris
10-18-2016, 04:59 PM
On the mend, doc has me on 3 meds and inhaler. At least I don't crash every 50 feet.....man, I never had this crap before! Really hit me the morning I hunted with kid.(well tried to hunt) Couldn't get out of camp to hunt on Sat afternoon and Sunday...my kid who is a EMT said if I didn't get off the hill Sunday and at Kaiser on Monday he
would get me a airdrop of a body bag!
Dan

Walked about a mile today, no wheezies or crashes...I think I'll live to go again..... three days, I wasn't sure!!! Man, I've beeb bravado all my life "die doing something yo want to do'.....when it comes close.....it's all bull shit!
Dan

Full Otto
10-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Very cool.
That first shot looks like a painting
I doubt the altitude helped with the breathing
Hope you're doing better

Dan Morris
10-20-2016, 06:53 AM
LOL, first shot is not a painting, it is for real...all of there!
Dan

Schuetzenman
03-21-2017, 03:18 AM
Just noticed this thread. Nice looking country, hope you recovered from the bronchitis.