PDA

View Full Version : GunsNet server rack PDU upgrade 12/02/2016 10PM CST

gunsnetadmin
12-02-2016, 11:17 PM
That was me. Had to take it down. It was quicker to shut the rack and servers down, replace PDU, clean up and power up instead of posting this thread. LOL.

It'll go down one more time tomorrow also. Had to take down another network because of a power connector issue. So tomorrow, same thing, server power down, unplug, add connector, power it all back up.
I will also be installing a new hard drive.

imanaknut
12-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the update and a big THANK YOU for maintaining this site. I keep hoping that slowly it will grow back to what it was back in the early days, but for some reason some firearm owners only remember the one bad thing that happened and not the one million good things that this site did for the firearm community.

ltorlo64
12-03-2016, 08:54 AM
I would really like to pay for my membership again to help with the costs of maintaining the site, is this possible?

Gunreference1
12-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Alex, thank you for keeping us updated!

Steve

gunsnetadmin
12-03-2016, 01:36 PM
I would really like to pay for my membership again to help with the costs of maintaining the site, is this possible?

I've notified David. That link does need to go to a page where you can do that. Sorry about that. We'll fix it.

gunsnetadmin
12-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the update and a big THANK YOU for maintaining this site. I keep hoping that slowly it will grow back to what it was back in the early days, but for some reason some firearm owners only remember the one bad thing that happened and not the one million good things that this site did for the firearm community.

No problem. I dont mind doing it. If users find this site useful, I'll keep maintaining the server. I'm actually looking to downsize my server rack so that means I'll buy 2 bad ass servers, combine all my webservices to 1 server and only need one running. Ok its also an excuse to buy 2 bad ass servers. LOL!

ltorlo64
12-03-2016, 06:13 PM
I've notified David. That link does need to go to a page where you can do that. Sorry about that. We'll fix it.

Thanks!

ltorlo64
12-03-2016, 06:14 PM
No problem. I dont mind doing it. If users find this site useful, I'll keep maintaining the server. I'm actually looking to downsize my server rack so that means I'll buy 2 bad ass servers, combine all my webservices to 1 server and only need one running. Ok its also an excuse to buy 2 bad ass servers. LOL!

You sound like most of us making up a reason we need a new gun!

abpt1
12-04-2016, 12:23 PM
:thumbsup: