PDA

View Full Version : A Right-Wing Militia Trains Russians To Fight The Next War

recon
01-09-2017, 03:22 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/a-right-wing-militia-trains-russians-to-fight-the-next-war--with-or-without-putin/2017/01/02/f06b5ce8-b71e-11e6-939c-91749443c5e5_story.html?tid=pm_world_pop&utm_term=.58cb997f0546

l921428x
01-09-2017, 04:12 PM
So what are your thoughts on this? I'm good with it and believe we should do the same.

recon
01-09-2017, 04:41 PM
I agree. Just find it interesting there are people like that over there. Seeing that Putin has his people in line most of the time. It's good to see.

l921428x
01-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Well I read they were legally owned so Vlad doesn't have a problem with it or they would be in line.

Justin
01-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Putin is probably leaving them alone, with the hopes that some of these guys will join the rebels in Eastern Ukraine. It also gives the Russian government plausible deniability when they say Russian "volunteers," are joining the rebels in Eastern Ukraine, and that they're not actually Russian soldiers.

O.S.O.K.
01-12-2017, 04:52 PM
We do have militia doing this kind of stuff... but I'm pretty sure they're including political ideology as well lol.

And then there are all kinds of shooting skills courses from civilian self defense to paramilitary training.

Further, 29 states have State Guard units which of course conduct military training.

And the Boy Scouts - they aren't shooting AR's, but they teach field craft, land navigation, survival skills, rappelling, shooting and most importantly, leadership. They really are a para-military org.

So, while that is apparently an anomaly in Russia, it's business as usual over here.

O.S.O.K.
01-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Think a bit more on this... we also have millions of people that participate in amateur competitive shooting sports. There are 14 Million hunters in the USA. Figure about 8 Million are deer hunters - and most of them hunt using basic sniping techniques...

We aren't just doing the training, we are living the training.

I seriously doubt that there's any other country in the world that has as many "battle capable" people as our country. No where near.

It's ingrained in our culture and in spite of the leftist and MSM's best efforts to pretend that it's "extreme" or "right wing", everything that I've listed has increased over the last few decades except perhaps sadly the Boy Scouts... which I think have experienced some decline.

FunkyPertwee
01-13-2017, 02:28 AM
We do have militia doing this kind of stuff... but I'm pretty sure they're including political ideology as well lol.

And then there are all kinds of shooting skills courses from civilian self defense to paramilitary training.

Further, 29 states have State Guard units which of course conduct military training.

And the Boy Scouts - they aren't shooting AR's, but they teach field craft, land navigation, survival skills, rappelling, shooting and most importantly, leadership. They really are a para-military org.

So, while that is apparently an anomaly in Russia, it's business as usual over here.

That's the kind of shit that makes me proud to be an american!

stevelyn
02-19-2017, 07:51 PM
I think more folks should be learning how to operate as a cohesive group. With the low number of people volunteering for military service, few people (with the exception of vets) in the population at large understand the concept.